Window vent ideas needed

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Rabble, Oct 7, 2018.

1. I have this window. Size = 20"x30" (HxW) but the half of the window where I have two exhaust vents going out from is 20"(h)x14"(w).

So I build this contraption to fit into the window, even with tons of tape it comes loose.

Is there any other way I can build this so that I can easily pop this out and in where ever I end up moving because all windows around here are the same size.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 3/8th plywood and make it fit where the screen slot is. Should lock into place just like the screen does.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. seriously, get high and walk around home depot and lowes. check out all of the little things they have in places like the window department, tools, paint, hardware, lumber.....with the creativity going, perhaps you will get a good vision of how YOU want to build it.
    I am thinking maybe some kind of bracket (wood or metal) you can temporary place in the open spot. maybe get those rubber gasket type things they have and use those to close up the gap in between the window and what you build. you can caulk it in. when your done, you can use a painters knife to scrape it off

• Like Like x 1
  4. look in the paint department and use a silicone sealent to seal the pipes to that plywood....

• Like Like x 1
  5. hey whatever happened with your window?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok. The flat part u have hoses goin into that goes into window. Remove it, Get a box or build one. Then attach hoses to that. U could also try what u are doin. Tape it then place stuff on the window seal under the hoses to hold them up. But as it seems now u have the weight of the hoses pulling it out if the window. Here is what I done. Soon I will build a box and place in window seal. Another thing, put hoses over each other. And close window part way so it pressing on them holding them there

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you for all y'all advice, I used it and build this and I am very proud of myself.

Any questions or more advice/opinions are welcomed.

Thank you, enjoy!

Stuff Used:
    Ply Wood
    Duct Collars 8" & 6"
    Window A/C weather seal
    Dust mask
    Screws - #6 3/8 Pan Head
    Any drill
    Dryer vent insulation tape
    Gorilla Glue for everything (used this to attach the weather foam to plywood)
    Pencil
    Circle cutting hole saw 20181010_001716.jpg 20181010_005715.jpg 20181010_013310.jpg 20181010_013845.jpg 20181010_015709.jpg 20181010_024432.jpg 20181010_025137.jpg 20181010_025738.jpg 20181010_101144.jpg 20181010_104810.jpg 20181010_105558.jpg 20181012_214018.jpg 20181012_214125.jpg 20181013_204612.jpg 20181013_205120.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. it looks awesome. good job. as you do these things each time and more, you will get better and it will get easier.

I loved how u used the drill bits to cut that hole. I had done the same thing before lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Thank you bro thank you!
    Now I got this other cool "Adjustable" hole driller.

10. Now this looks like a great fix! well done

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Nice! Looks like a clean install. Only thing I'd maybe consider is some chicken wire on the outside. My vent is just an open hole. I don't think anything will crawl in there while the fans are running and pushing air out but hey you never know. I don't want a damn squirrel stuck in my carbon filter or something. Been meaning to do that myself.

12. Imagine having a passive vent and a cat waking in and pissing.....like you say a bit of chicken wire does the job no matter whether passive or if using a fan.

13. Lol oh man people might think you're cooking meth instead of weed at that point if there's cat piss residue exhausting out! Funnily enough, I have two stray cats living in my backyard.

In hindsight I wish I would have ordered something like this:

[​IMG]

Instead of just the silver flapper one with a big hole. This would have definitely looked a little cleaner and less potential obstruction.

14. it would look a lot cleaner then chicken wire....

15. Well Home Depot didn't have anything like that locally and I was in a pinch. The flap will be closed 6-12 hours at a time anyways so who cares?

16. I know, they suck...I went there once to get one and walked around in circles for a good hour to find one...only to find out it was an online only item :smoking-bong: :blush:

17. Haha yeah when I was looking for this one I checked on the app and it said they had like 6 in stock. Well the guy couldn't find them. I actually spotted the box with the part number in the corner before he did and pointed them out. Then had to wait for him to get the ladder thing.

The inside of my tent has carbon filter > exhaust fan > ducting out the window/vent. So if anything did crawl in there it would be stuck inside the carbon filter/fan/ducting. Chicken wire won't help insects and I don't think any critters would crawl in there. The flap stays shut when nothing is being vented out but yeah hasn't been an issue and I'm not worried about it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. they piss me off with their ladder thing. you have to find someone to help you, then they gota find a ladder, then they take forever, plus they have an attitude and don't even want to help you...what do I do?
    fuck them, I don't need their help, so I just climb the shelves myself and get whatever I need
    that sure pisses them off...someone else doing their job for them lol

• Like Like x 1