Wilting plants, please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GasCap, Dec 6, 2004.

1. My plants are perfectly green, however, they're wilting. Please help.

2. over watered?

3. did you yell at them? maybe theyre sad.

socki

4. High gascap,
    Burrow your finger deep into the soil, halfway between the plant and the container wall. If it feels wet, not just moist or damp, but soggy, then wendall is right. The roots are drowning, and rotting, so the plant is thirsty.
    If the soil is not wet, then test it's pH. Somewhere there is an uptake issue, or an excessive transperation cause. Have you added/moved a fan? added/moved the light?
    If it isn't anything you did to the set up, then maybe you should be apologizing and promise not to yell again.
    eg

5. i had to many plants in one area and they started to die so i transplanted 3 of them to another box and the dont look healthy how do i save them

6. Depends on how big ur plants are but whats worked for me is that the leaves need a quick zap of hydration so try watering them then once did that put a grass jar over them for about an hour that will give thenm the hydration that they need (Condensation in the glass will work into the leaves)

7. Transplanted babies need extra tlc. Give them a transplant tonic, something with B-1 in it. Make sure the soil has settled in around the newly moved roots. This is best done by 'water in'. Slow, careful watering, with the B-1 tonic, around and over the root system will 'wash' the soil down and in among roots. Beware of overwatering. Also, they should be protected from direct light and breeze. A humidity tent may be in order. The glass jar, as mentioned by CBud, is along the right line, but clear plastic would be better, so there can be an airvent at the top. Or put some skewers around the plants and drape plastic wrap over them.
    good luck, eg