Wilting leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bvpaintballer, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Hey guys so my plants are around 5 weeks old and a few days ago I decided to top them. Im not quite sure if its the reason for it or not, because under the sick plant thread it said it may be over/under watering could you guys help me out it would be much appreciated

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      196.5 KB
      Views:
  2. over/underwatering, if they arent rootbound...

3. no doubt thats under/overwatering, also make sure to check your ph just to be safe.

4. Weird spots are now appearing as well as my stems turning red

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      230.7 KB
      Views:
  5. that looks like a magnesium deficiency. Usually caused by slightly too acidic soil.

6. Thats what I thought I was looking to do a foliar feeding with epsom salts, is there another method

7. yep and red stems are i a sign of a stress in the medium...the first thing you need to do is to let your soil get dry. when i say dry I mean half way down stick your finger and should be totally dry. then water with a balanced 1/4 strength nute solution ph @ 6.5. look to get 25% runoff minimum...and test that runoff to see what ph it is. if it comes out below what it went in your soil is acidic. if higher alkaline. in your position treating for a deficiency will only make it worse....you have minor nute lockout b/c of less than adequate soil conditions. Not suitable for a plant to uptake nutrients...FIX YOUR SOIL, NOT YOUR PLANT. IMHO

8. The Ph was at 6.5 I haven't started to use to any ferts or nutes yet

9. i'd try to keep it a little higher around 6.8 and see how it does.

10. did you check if they are rootbound???