Wilting and spots. Questions

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Ryan1984, Jan 26, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

This is the 2nd week into my NYC trainwreak clone grow. I have one 65 watt cfl. Basic potting soil temps 70ish. Not sure the ph or RH. I'll answer any questions. I'm looking for overall help.

Thank you

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. you need a ph meter asap...if we dont know the ph troubleshooting is a bust

3. have you checked the roots ,,looks a bit like root damage ,so it could be that ,,mac

4. Thanks for your input. I will be getting one asap

5. I transplanted it about a week ago. Everything seemed fine. Thanks for your help.

6. i cant really see the damaged leaves but some at the bottom look a bit like insect damage ,a bit like leaf miner ,,,,mac

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 lalamann, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    his plant has locked out nitrogen and some other nutrients. Another week and it will look quite close to death,,,,

Ph meter ASAP, you can get them on ebay or amazon for like 5 bucks.

this is just me, but id be replacing that plant with another clone, with good nutes and stable PH it could be back there in less than a week easily. But without the yellowy droopy leaves or the colored main stem.

Your going to need the meter for the seedlings too, soon as their cotyledons begin to fall away the PH of the soil will begin to affect the new growth on the seedling, they dont feed from the soil until the cotyledons die, think of them like a placenta, a constant source of nutrient to begin the plant's life with. This is why the PH swings affect a clone so much quicker then a seed grown baby, clones have no "placenta", their only options are to feed from soil or manufacture their own, neither one of which can be done (for most cannabis plants) with a ph outside the 6-7 range, preferably the 6.3-6.8 range

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks a lot. PH meter on order. I can use the help.

9. You need a soil mix that is more arid. These plants hate having their roots sitting in moisture all the time. If this is a 2 week old clone and you have watered any at all since planting in soil, you've watered too much. NEVER water a plant unless you can lift the container and it feels DEAD DRY! You need to add some more perlite to your soil for drainage. Get some better light now too. That is a huge clone and if it had roots, it's ready for light. Better light gets you a better plant. It's pretty much only seedlings that need weak lighting/heat in the beginning. Anything after that can take the best and strongest light you can give it. You need no nutes for a few weeks. Give the plant time to use up the nutrients in the soil it's in before adding more unless you want nute burn. As long as the color of your plant is a rich blue/green, it likely doesn't need any additional nutes. The color will start to fade to a more yellow green when it starts to get hungry. But a repot will do the same thing for you with a lot less work. Best of luck. TWW

10. #10 lalamann, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    when it shows up PH some distilled or RO water to about 6.7 or so and flush 3x the volume of the pot through the soil then let recover, should see it perk up within a couple days. a vegging clone *should be quite a bit more vibrant green than that tbh. even if overwatered

but....

like the widow white said though. a spike in perlite will help a bit as well (like 40% of my current mix is perlite). the soil seems pretty dense, and yea, the more light the better once its recovering.

not sure how your going to handle a problem PH and over watering at the same time. havn't had to myself.

11. You do not want arid soil. TWW is always using that bad choice of wording. Arid soil is a hostile environment for living plants....cannabis loves airy soil with lots of aeriation admendmemts, not dried out lifeless ARID soil.

12. Need some advice. I have one girl which has been in flowering for a week that has the claw and is wilting. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

13. Got the ph tester. Sitting right about 6.5 the spotted leaves have gone away and replaced with lst. What I did to solve. I waited 3 days. About the time it took to dry out. Then I soaked and looks good. I'll post a pic for input. Thanks all!! I'm a newb