wilting and spots after transplant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dseb0127, May 17, 2019.

1. Alright GC family I come to you again with yet another noob problem. I have 3 plants just under a month old that I had in some old miracle gro (I know I know but it’s what I had to work with.) but they were doing pretty well in that soil, I’ve never had a problem in it. So today I finally had the funds to upgrade so I picked up a bag of Kellogg organic soil with perlite and added extra perlite. I transplanted them at about 9 am this morning they droopped for the first half hour then perked right back up. I just checked on them at 530 pm and one is drooping really bad again but the other two look great. I’m only on my second grow and my first I planted straight into a 5 gallon so I didn’t transplant at all. This one started in solo cups then to the flowering pot then the aforementioned transplant to Kellogg soil. What I’m getting at is I don’t have a lot of experience with transplants so I’m wondering if this is normal or do I need to make some changes? Thanks in advance everyone. First pic is plant in question and I’ll post the other two as well. (P.S. they look a little more droopy than they really are because I got some water on the leaves when watering before making this post.) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Here they are now that the leaves are dry. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. The thing that confuses me is this was her 30 mins right after the transplant nice and happy. I get that it should be shocked after the transplant but why the second droop ?[​IMG]

4. New development leaves are wilting and now have bronze spots I’m freaking out guys please help[​IMG]

5. Almost looks like a heat issue, light burn maybe. Or just that one stressed the fuck out from the transfer. I'd keep a eye on it and make sure not to over water or over expose to a hot light source.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If there outside make sure you dont get water on the leaves in a full sun, it can burn the leaves, best is to mist during dusk and shake off any extra water in the am before its un a full sun. I had issues with light burn manu times after spraying or watering when leaves got wet in direct sun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the reply man. They go out side from about 10-7 then inside for the night with 65 watt cfls for each. I love in Florida so it’s hot but they’ve always showed me they love it however I was thinking I didn’t water enough after transplant then left them outside while I ran some errands and it was pretty hot today so maybe not enough water mixed with the extra hot day just fried em. They’re inside now and cooling off so hopefully they’ll be ok. I went ahead and defoliated all the dead leaves so I could keep track of them wilting. I’m hoping for the best nothing to do but sit back and see what happens I guess.

8. Also got water on the leaves and then put them in the sun so I’ll have to be careful with that from now on maybe water early morning and let em dry before the sun starts hitting them

9. Haven’t seen any new wilting in the hour since they’ve been inside I can handle a little light burn I was just worried it was some kind of deficiency or something from the new soil but the growth tips are still very reactive to light all pointed to the bulbs within 10 mins of being inside so I’m hoping that’s a good sign

10. Ya Florida is hot and humid as hell, I'm on the other end of the nation where it's cold as shit still. I have a few I want to put out but the low 30s dont help that at all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plants that small should be kept at 68 to 76 for a while, I wait till mine are at least 18in tall before I move them out

• Like Like x 1
  12. These monsters I would have loved to have outside before flowering but there was still snow 4ft deep in my yard. 20190516_143944.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ten four. I’m working on a good light system now so I’ll be able to veg longer inside hopefully soon I just never really worried about it because they always looked so good even after an 85 degree day but I know just because they look healthy doesn’t mean I wasn’t possibly stunting their growth. I appreciate the advice though that’s why I joined GC can’t learn without mistakes and constructive criticism.

14. Wow she’s a monster I can only imagine what she would’ve looked like with some sun. That’s awesome.

15. There sitting under a 600w hps, more then I needed really, there is a second plant behind that one. I made the mistake of running a very long veg and forgot about the flower stretch. They stopped just shy if 48in now, now it's time there doubling in girth every couple days. Still have 3 weeks of feeding then a week or so of flush to harvest. Hoping I hit a good harvest from them. It's a new strain that came from a grave mistake but what can ya do but learn.

16. Oh ok I see it now, looked like one big ass bush at first lol. They look super healthy (not that I’m an authority on growing) so far I’d love to see em before harvest. I wish you a great heavy harvest.