Wilting and drying after a transplant into ebb and flow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TheIrieCouple, Sep 20, 2011.

1. #1 TheIrieCouple, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
    Blue Dream and GDP clones about 10 inches tall just transplanted 36 hours ago. 18/6 periods
    set in 1.5 rockwool and hydroton with a 10 gal res. feed with a weak GH floras series soup (grow bloom micro) and a bit of floralicious grow my ph is around 5.4-5.6 temp is at low 80's at the hottest very well ventalated its a 2x6 grow space with a 269 cfm can fan as exhuast. These plant are sitting in a 2X3 part of the closet and are under a 430w hortilux bulb. I caused a lil bit of burning on the Blue dream the fist night we had her 3 days ago. Those parts turned completely dry and some parts are stating to turn brown. just wondering what we can do to help them.
    we figure they are in shock for sure but we're also thinking deficency? any help would be apreciated.
    Heres a couple of pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. No one huh?
    Thanks anyway everyone..

3. i see multiple problems: phosphorus deficiency, an off pH (these may be related), and nute burn. you should bury those rockwool cubes with more hydroton. it also looks like they are suffering from stagnant water, so get more air bubbling in your tank.

4. Thank you sir.
    We will get right on that.
    We read somewhere that a good Ph to have was 5.2 so that what se set it at the first day.
    I'm reading now that 5.8 is what GC recommends. I will put up my ph to 5.8.
    How should we go about the nute burn should we flush them a bit?
    I will aslo get more hydroton today.
    PPM is at 545 with Ec of .76 is that ok for now? water temp is below 75. We have plenty of bubbles in the tank but I did realize that they were turned off the first morning they got watered.
    Again thanks for the reply we appreciate it tons being that we are fist time growers.

5. Anyone else have any input?
    Checked Ph and its at 5.8.
    Should we flush with flushing solution?
    They look worse everyday but then again that could just be us.

6. Well you say you just moved them and burned them with the light the first night. They are suffering shock and will need a few days to recover before you can really access there condition.

Make sure the light is not to close they need to recover and 18 hours of very intense light may be stressful you may want to move the light up a bit until they recover or maybe even back off on the 18hours on till they recover.

Good Luck

7. Cool thanks. I did back the light away it's about two feet away from them right now.
    We also started to notice new growth. Thanks for the help guys.

8. no problem. hope all is well. sorry for the slow replies, school is kicking my ass.

you may want to lower the ppm just a tad, it will encourage them to bounce back from the stress.

the older curled leaves may not bounce back the way you would like them too, but the new growth should look great!

hope your harvest is a happy one! i looooooove blue dream :bongin:

9. #9 TheIrieCouple, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    Cool we were kinda hoping the curled leaves might bounce back but its good to now they might not.
    We got a bigger tray today and added more hydroton to the tops.
    Just picked up an Afwreck clone too...
    No worries about the response time it just gives us time to read so we better understand the advise you guys give us.
    I'm planing on changing water again tomorrow. We were thinking of going up in ppm since they are P deficient. What would be a good ppm to be at were at 600 ppm now Ph still at 5.8 and havent added any PH up or down since three days ago.
    BTW Blue Dream is so deliicious!:smoke:

10. You will want to wait until new growth is vigorous then raise the ppm and lower the light back down to a normal distance from the tops. The plants are getting used to there new environment and have been slightly stunted by the light burn.

So wait until they are well enough to actually utilize the increase in nutrients and light. If you say you have new growth now thats good in a few more days the growth rate should increase. Just give them a few days to bounce back.