Wilma 4 pot grow- afghan kush ryder..Help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zk13, Jan 22, 2013.

1. What I have at the moment is a list of things I think I need and could do with a little assistance..
    What I currently have..

Growing system:
    Wilma big 4 pot

Growing kit:
    The secret jardin dark room street DRS120 grow tent
    Euro reflector
    2 meters of jack chain
    1x Eurolux 600 watt ballast & 600 watt bulb
    1x Vents 6" carbon filtration kit

Nutrients:
    Ionic grow, bloom, boost

Is this a start to a decent setup? Still not too sure what and when to use the nutrients. Im still in the planning stages so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ok, I think I'm getting my head around this a bit more.. (first ever grow)... If I'm using the Wilma 4 pot system, with clay pebbles and growing automatic flowering strains. What would be the ideal feeding schedule?

3. I'm going to keep any questions I have here for reference.. what feeding schedule should I be using for autoflowering strains?

4. The setup is all good, dunno about the nutrients though. Will look forward to seeing how you do! :p

5. Since its an autoflowering strain, I would think you would only use bloom nutes. I'd start at 1/4 strength and work my way up to full strength. Idk about a feeding schedule though.

6. Just bloom nutes huh? Will refine my search.. on a side note I thought I had everything lined up to buy when I noted some comments about hg hydroponics and now I'm back to sourcing my gear.. any decent hydro shops in the UK?

7. Well, the plant is going to need nitrogen at times, unless you want it to shed all the leaves before it's even halfway into flowering.

8. I've got ionic hydro grow and bloom.. will start of easy and see what happens.. all the gear has arrived so I will be setting it up this weekend.

9. have setup my tent and have started germinating seeds, I'm hoping they will pop soon. I have a question about the rockwool, when the seeds sprout I add them into the small rockwool cubes do I add them straight to the hydro system and kick off the watering schedule?

10. I started with a wilma. About 4 weeks into veg I ditched it and started using coke bottles and hand feeding. They are ok to start with but my plants seemed to be lazy as feed was continuous

11. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong already .. my 4 seeds germinated fine and I have them in the growing medium under a 600 watt hps . The light is quite far so not to burn but I'm really not sure I should have put them under the light so early.. is what I've done ok?

12. Here is a picture of one it's in the 3rd day since it germinated .

[​IMG]

13. It shouldn't be. Do have a fan blowing on them cooler air?

14. It should'nt be what? I don't have the fan for cool air yet

15. Ok things seem to be moving 3 of them have shed the outer shell and they look like they are growing but the outside of the small leaves have gone a purpley Brown colour, does this mean I'm burning them?

16. #16 expertbomber, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
    lol it shudnt be what.. ive just started the kush ryder last week there its a week and a half old,, the first leafs the single blade ones that first appear they look deformed, but its layering itself up nice I have to say after what I thought was a slow start compared to other autos ive done.. The brown on the tips of the leafs isnt nice but minor perhaps, if the rockwools always soaking let it dry, maybe why the tips are brown, purples maybe the temps are a little low but I wouldnt worry about purples, brown I would, you shouldnt be giving it any nutes so it shouldnt be burnt in rockwool overwatered perhaps,, a fan would help that and a fan is pretty crucial IMO,, right up there with good light, you put a hundred Thai Prisoners in a cell it doesnt matter how nice that sun looks them prisoners are going to look like hell, give them in some aircon they might just ask for a extension

17. I think things are ok now.. the stems are still purple but the leaves are green.. one had the seed shell as a helmet which I removed so that one needs some attention. I have a fan in there and a radiator. Will post pictures later today.

18. A radiator.. for what exactly?

19. The room itself is cold with lights off around 3-5 c. So the radiator comes on .