Wills stretched seedlings survive?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rebelhunter, Mar 20, 2008.

1. This is my first time ever starting to grow my own plants. I started a plant about a week and 1/2 ago and it seems very stretched out and tall and it only has 2 sets of leaves., the round ones and 2 pointy ones coming out the opposite side of each other. I'd say its about 5-6 inches tall. i have it growing right next to my window and i dont think its getting enough light but i live in Pa in the suburbs of Philly and its still to cold to start outside. what can i do

2. you should cut some branches and clone buy a hydroponic system

3. my grandpa has all kinds of hydro kits at his shop in chicago you can get the best for the cheap.

4. all i can recomend is getting a light[125 eco-light at least]the reason it is streching is because it is trying to get to the light.otherwise you have no chance.
    sorry m8
    pease!!!!!!!:confused:

5. For one, it aint gonna grow if its just sittin on your window seal and it aint safe, marijuana plants get BIG! Go to the grow room section ad learn how to make one to your likeing. The seedling, stretched is fine, it just means youll have to watch the soil nutrients and moisture levels alot more often, also the plant will be really tall. When I get a seedling that stretches, i usually hold it up if it leans, and gradually add soil to shorten the stem lengthsome, if it isnt leaning dont worry about holding it up, but get a bigger pot or w/e fill it about half way, then transplant the seedling into it, then fill it up with more soil but not to much, you want to gradually add soil to the top as it grows because the stem is still weak and wont be able to push the soil apart to grow and will eventually stunt, trust me, it has happened to me before when i first started. Hope this helps

6. spend like 8 bucks and get the simple shit like in my tutorial then you can move them outdoors theres not enough light on a window