Willie Nelson is HIRING!

Discussion in 'General' started by Storm Crow, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Now hiring: Willie Nelson needs you to work for his weed company, starting salary of $65,000
    Now hiring: Willie Nelson needs you to work for his weed company, starting salary of $65,000
    By Kelsey Bradshaw

Updated 10:00 am, Tuesday, June 21, 2016
    • [​IMG]
    Photo: Hulton Archive, Getty
    Image 1 of 13
    American country singer Willie Nelson takes a drag off a joint while relaxing at his home in Texas, 2000s. A large amount of marijuana is spread out on the table before him

You'll need at least two years of experience in the cannabis industry and a degree in chemistry to work for Willie Nelson's weed company. No seriously. You can apply here.

Nelson is hiring new employees for Willie's Reserve, "a trailblazing line of marijuana products that celebrate Willie's love of cannabis and the culture surrounding it," according to the company's website.

RELATED: Willie Nelson: Marijuana will be legal in all 50 U.S. states within the decade

The company will be based in Colorado, according to Wide Open Country. The new business is Nelson's way of giving back to the "pot enthusiasts (that) flocked to his shows," according to the company's website.

Grown by independent farmers, Nelson will have an assortment of strains, cultivation methods and recipes and the company is planning to launch a full product line of flower, pre-roll, vape and edibles this summer. Everything sold will be hand-picked by Nelson.

RELATED: Willie Nelson's braids go for $25,000 at auction

Nelson needs five employees to help him run his brand: a production manager, extractor, compliance officer, bookkeeper and a sales director.

Each job is salary-based and the production manager gig clocks in at $65,000 a year, with performance-based incentives, according to the site.

Nelson, who has always been vocal about his use of marijuana, told Dan Rather earlier this year that he's starting the company to "To prove a point."

RELATED: San Antonio Mayor Ivy Taylor's stepson arrested on pot possession charge

"I felt like if you really believe in something, why not promote it?" he told Rather.

kbradshaw@express-news.net

GOOD LUCK!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wish I was qualified.

3. Ditto! I'd like to smoke some with Willie and a few friends (Obama and someone from the press?). :passtheshit:

Granny :wave:

4. Lol i would do it for sure.

5. The certainly are not looking for couch potatoes, those are some legit job requirements.