Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will withdrawal symptoms ever go away?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Emapea, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Hi. So I've been a regular smoker now, pretty much every day for 3/4 years now. I want to cut down and smoke more like once a week but part of the reason I can't regulate my use is the intense withdrawal symptoms I get. I managed to quit for around 5 months and by then the problems had mostly subsided. But it didn't take long for them to come back once I started again

I was just wondering if anyone else ever got themselves to the point of experiencing these symptoms (insomnia, night sweats, anxiety/depression etc.) and if quitting for long enough makes that go away - or is this just how it affects me from now on? Eventually I want to be able to go back to more moderate use and not have to worry about getting withdrawal.

2. I was there too. Smoking grams a day.
    Nightsweats, imsomnia, zero appetite, and being cranky/tired.

It lasted a whole 3 or 4 days.

Now, a gram will last me over 2 weeks. I get super high off 1 hit.

3. I just burned a G in 2 days and i'm back from a years tolerance break. I got super high off 1 hit but my instinct just kicks back to what it used to be and I smoke .1 every 3 hours lol i was down to 1.5 hours to smoke so I'll take it.

4. You're fucked bro your gonna break out in scabs and your life will dwindle down to its last coal.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hey man, just enjoy it.
    Weed doesn' harm anyone, even if you abuse it. It'll be an annoyance at most.

6. You've clearly never met someone psychotic.

7. You've clearly never met someone psychotic.

8. Well shit idk Dexter maybe if u kill some bad guys the "withdrawals" will pass

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I wasn't referring to me and Dexter isn't psychotic, he's just a deranged killer. Make fun all you like, most heavy smokers out there get withdrawal one way or another, and for some people it can in the way of wanting to do certain things

10. Just bite the bullet for three days and get busy doing work or something. Replace the feeling of boredom with tasks and it will go by fast.

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is wrong. Cannabis stays in your system for a long time. It's one of the contributing factors why people don't have physical withdrawal symptoms like you get from alcohol addiction and opioid addiction.
    Whatever you have going on with dependency on weed, it is something that is psychological. I'm not saying it's not real for you. What I am saying is real withdrawal from real drugs can kill you.
    I'm also saying that maybe you should consider giving it up forever. It's become too needed in your life.
    I've been smoking weed for over 40 years. I can go for weeks without smoking after daily use for years and not have any withdrawal symptoms.
    Just quit. Any withdrawal will go away once you are used to being sober.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I think some people misunderstand what I'm saying. I didn't say I have a physical addiction to weed that can kill me if I go without it. Whether the symptoms are psychological or not, they happen as a result of me not smoking weed - hence why I refer to them as withdrawal symptoms.

All I was asking was if anyone else ever had this too, but found a way to get rid of it, or if it's a permanent thing so long as I keep smoking. Obviously I need to cut down but I don't want it out of my life completely, which is why I wanted to know.

13. Lucky me

14. I've heard the arguement it's not physically addictive but physiologically addictive and never understood this as like you I can go cold turkey on a whim and have little to no withdraw at all, I wouldn't say I actually have withdraw, I just have to break habits. My body doesn't say I need to get high but the first couple days of not smoking my brain says oh bowls sitting on the table must be my hit, purely habitual. I also was the kid who would slpit a pack of cigs with a buddy and smoke it over a 3 hour period, that friends been smoking 26 years, I never got addicted.

My wife though quit smoking ciggs after 13 years cold turkey cause I said I couldn't date a smoker and guess she chose me over smokes, but pot is a psychological addiction with her, I've never seen her go a day without and she seriously almost goes into panic attacks when we go long periods throughout the day without.