Will vicodin show up on a drug test?

Discussion in 'General' started by space_monkey, May 4, 2008.

1. For a week I was taking vicodin pills, sometimes chewing them. I recently took a drug test and was wondering if that would show up and prevent me from getting hired. I know they are just pain killers and have not used any other type of drug, but I'm just curious because I do need a job badly.

Thank you.

2. Opiutes are in vicodin I believe so yes.

3. yes it will test positive for opiates

4. Will they deny me of the job?

5. if you got a prescription than no but if not your fucked

6. they might but if you dont look like you would be doing any drugs they might test you again which would give you more time to get clean but its more likely that they wont do that.

7. I think the total amount of pills was six. I read somewhere it stays in your system 3-4 days. But if they do call I could say I had some because of a wisdom tooth thats coming in, which I do have.

It's for a grocery store anyways, so I don't think it should too much of a hassle.

Not sure though. We'll see.

8. Off the top of my head I don't know which, but I remember I looked into the drug test I used to get for probation and saw that eiter vikes or perks didn't show up, I think it was perks though

9. if they ask, can i say it may have been tylenol pain reliever,,, it has the same things as vicodin. ???

10. that wouldnt work becuase vicodin is hydrocodone tylenol is acetaminophen and acetaminophen isnt an opiate which hydrocodone is.

but what you might be able to do is ask to take another test im sure youre clean by now

11. Opiates stay in your system for a very short amount of time. So I really wouldn't worry.