Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Will using an LED light produce trichomes?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by putinfanboy96, Jul 29, 2019.

1. I'm using a Mars hydro 300w (135 watts) led grow light and I've heard people using this to grow weed. I've read that LED lights do not produce the UV-B Lights necessary for the flowering marijuana plant to produce trichomes, will I still get trichomes? If so then how will I get trichomes if LED doesn't produce UV-b lighting?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yes leds without uv with produce trichomes

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. But if my Mars hydro 300w doesn't have uv, what will activate the production of trichomes when they are in their flowering stage?

4. Yes,,when u flower they will increase as time goes,,now if ur in a big tent its not gonna produce much bud and trichomes at all along with other factors such as heat to high,,humidity ect

5. I'm just using my moderately normal sized closet in my room and will keep the humidity down to 30s or 40% humidity when it flowers.

6. Temp id try not to go higher than 82°f rh 45-55% and that light aint gonna flower much space....be better used for a veg. light