Will this work? need advice!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by JadedEarth, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Ok so i have several bagseeds starting from a batch of great pop that i had recently. It is mid august here in Tx and its fuckin hot. I would like to do an outdoor grow this year but i missed the long season so here is what i want to try instead. Im going to raise the seeds indoors for a month at 20 hours of light per day and after one month of veg i will put them outside where the daily light is no more than 12 hours. It normally doesn't frost until after new years if at all here so that's not a big concern. Will my plants begin to flower as soon as i take them from the indoor 20 hour cycle to the outdoor 12-ish hour cycle in a few weeks?

2. I wouldn't bother. Id wait tell next year. I think your wasting your seeds. I don't think you'll get mature plants

3. Jaded,
    From seed, you can expect a plant to take at least a couple months to be worthy of flowering outside. You will get a harvest. Couple ozs maybe... if you pop 20 some odd beans to get 10 females... I agree with tryqaruiop or whatever the hell that dudes name is.... start those seeds indoors next feb/march and get em outside in late may(thereabouts) and youll yield 1000x what you would this year... Patience, grasshopper....Maybe pop a couple just to get a feel for what were saying and watch how slowly they grow initially from seed?
    Whatever your choice best of luck to you,
    GNug

4. Guerillanugget, the name is nothing as i was getting really fed up with being told this name is in use.. on the top of the key pad you'll see how i come up with it.. I knew that nobody had used this and if someone did i wasn't going to try to set up an account.. Haha...

5. [quote name='"JadedEarth"']Ok so i have several bagseeds starting from a batch of great pop that i had recently. It is mid august here in Tx and its fuckin hot. I would like to do an outdoor grow this year but i missed the long season so here is what i want to try instead. Im going to raise the seeds indoors for a month at 20 hours of light per day and after one month of veg i will put them outside where the daily light is no more than 12 hours. It normally doesn't frost until after new years if at all here so that's not a big concern. Will my plants begin to flower as soon as i take them from the indoor 20 hour cycle to the outdoor 12-ish hour cycle in a few weeks?[/quote]

As other said I would wait till next season. It not the weather it the light and the amount of it. If u sported them now it would take about a month for them to be mature enough to even want to try and flower. At that point your plant might be pushing a foot. So when u put them outside there will be less than 12 hrs of light an going down. So when your plants are in the most critical time of flowering your plants will be getting like 10 hrs of light an that is a problem in quality and quantity. So yes u can do it but u might get like an 8th of airy fluffly bud and that is if things go well

6. Spend the winter on these forums learning everything you can about constructing organic soils, LST, and read a ton of outdoor journals.

Dont waste your time go pick up a dime.