Will This Work ? (CARBON FILTER IDEA)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LiasisKing, Oct 28, 2011.

1. hey guys, looking to do a budget carbon filter set up :)

i was wondering if i could buy these two off ebay, then wire the fan in reverse (negative positive / positive negative) so it would suck air out the front vent

i would then put a hole in the roof of my cabinet (30x40x150 Cm) and have the odorsok / filter mounted to the circular end.

also, if the fan moves 183 m3/H and the filter is labeled in the 300's, will it flow right or not ? effectively filter ? yay, nay ? otherwise i can just have everything in the adjacent cupboard and have it normally, it would just be more stealthy to have the grill outside and the filter inside

2. hi,,, do some looking around there are lots of DIY carbon filters and there nicely done on the cheep all you really need it the carbon sheets and make some way to get the air thou it and there you go and the e-bay link is not working ok lates.

3. Yeah, the main issue us the fan, in aus the cheapest inline is $50 for a 4 inch ... would a big pc fan be enough to move the air out and still maintain negative pressure ?? With a filter ? The grow space is 1' by 1.5' deep by 5' high