Will This Setup Work Temperature Wise

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 809king, Aug 20, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

I was wondering if a setup like this will work. It'll be a box with 1000 watt hps being cooled with a fan outside of the box blowing in to the bulb and out the box. A window a/c will also be attached to the grow box blowing cold air inside the box. Another fan will be inside rotating inside the box. It'll have a door to keep the cold air in and the box week be placed in the garage. Will this work out at all??

2. A fan blowing in to the bulb is a good way to blow the bulb. suck cool air from outside to the bulb then out of the box again. 

3. Reverse the flow of your fan cooling the bulb, like Ganoo said. I don't have the knowledge of blowing bulbs, but fans pull better than they push so you should try to pull air from outside the room across the bulb and through the fan back out of the room. That takes care of air cooling your light, but you'll still need to ventilate the room because the light cooling system is a closed system. In the ventilation thread a few pages in is a formula for calculating CFM necessary for air cooling. I'd put in a room exhaust with a carbon filter to pull air out of the room. Depending on how well your light cooling system works, you may only need to change the air in the room every 5 minutes. I'd also think about putting the a/c unit as low as possible and a room exhaust as high as possible to pull the cooled air up and exhaust the hot air that rises.

4. I thnk a 1000w is a lot for that space. A 600w would be better, heat wise, even 2 600s

Ive had air blow on bulbs for years with no issues, but these are just vent fans. Never had any bulb blow on me....knock on wood.

5. Fan always on exhaust side.

6. #6 Green Knight, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    Looks like a lot more work than I'd want. Have you considered the newer LED Technology for the space, much less heat control, and less expensive. Most folks like tradition though. I tend to try something new.... What kind of strains/types are you growing? How many.... Even with LEDs it reportedly has it's drawbacks, yet the main one I've heard is a little less yield... but you make up that in less work, less heat, and less money in the long haul.

Check it out if you want :D

Grow Progress:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1320174-first-organic-indoorgrow.html]http://forum.grassci...indoorgrow.html

... "You can't shake hands with a clenched fist."- Gandhi