Will This Grow Work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sw33tdwill, Sep 4, 2011.

1. I'm Using Cfl's 150 watt equivalent but 42 energy used in watts i dont know what that means but its has 2600 light output in lumens and im growing burmese kush. The Soil is expert growing potting soil.

[​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. And how often should I water?

3. Please Help Me

4. Here to save the day!

5. I'm Listening

6. Ok, Well first of all your lighting should be fine.
    I would water every 3 to 4 days.... water ...... water.... feed (nutes). Dont nute the plant for at least a month. Are you growing from seed? Can you shoot a shot of what the plant looks like. If its super small make sure the light isn't close enough to put it into heat stress. If its super small I've seen people setting up some what of a humidified living place for your plant by covering the top with plastic... like a bottle to fit over the plant or the soil and plastic wrap.... Could look this up.

No seed grow on my belt yet, just because you could males.... Love the vagina!

7. #7 WELLHELP, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    @@...

You might need to transplant is out of that pot also... Pretty sure it will grow out of this pot once it gets going. Should be fine for a while. But once you transplant make sure you take a HUGE scoop of dirty underneath the plant so you don' rip off any of the roots that have growin already. Careful here, then would dip them into nice room temp water like always to clean. Then replant and water it a tad more then usual. So everything feels fine and ready to keep building in this new location.

8. first off you want that light closer like about 2",put it as close to the plant and then put your hand under if you can hold it there for 30 sec.that's the spot.as for watering feel the pot dry now water it and feel the difference and when it feels light like before water it,or some put there finger to the knuckle and feel it there if it's dry give it water,or you canbuy a meter,but if that's the only plant just use the weight trick,also when it gets to the point of transplant put more soil always keep it close to the edge about 2" down from the rim.What kind of soil you using and how's the drainage,another thing that is also important,try to work something out where you can get some reflective material around that plant so you don't have so much of that good light escaping.hope this help and other question you can pm me if you like.

9. That would get you started and sprouted, but you are going to need more light. Rule of thumb for cfl's is 100 actual watts for the first plant and 50 watts per extra plant as a bare minimum. The more light the more product you come out with in the end.

The color rating on that bulb is more suitable for flowering. For the veg cycle, you want something closer to 6500k.

Water when it gets dry. There is no set time, it depends on your plants root structure, what it is planted in, amount of heat and humidity and other factors. Wait until the top two or three inches of soil is dry before watering again. With sprouts, they use very little water, and once a week is most likely ok unless your soil mix has very high drainage. You can also water, then feel how heavy the cup is. When it gets light, it is time to water again.

Also check out these threads and use the advanced search function, they will answer just about any general question you have and give you a good base knowledge to start off with. Quite a few people here arent going to answer questions that have already been asked a hundred times. Not saying that to be an ass, just giving you a heads up . Questions specific to your grow that show you have done some research on your own tend to get more responses.

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...s-guide-get-you-started-growing-cannabis.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/73015-grandpas-grow-guide.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122824-kamels-cfl-guide.html

10. Thank you guys I moved the plant closer to the light

11. Yup, smart @@ Low grow?
    Well can you show us what the inside of the pot looks like?

12. Update On Pictures As I moved plant closer to light, and added a fan.

Attached Files:

13. I may have filled the pot with soil then planted. Might get to big for the pot man @@...
    Umm... Did you germinate the seeds? Fans great idea. But not needed yet. It's a must once you start Veging!

14. I plan on moving it to a bigger pot soon and I didn't germinate because I wanted to grow this one differently (A little idea I had) I still have a lot more seeds ill germinate tomorrow but something about this plant is special I can tell

15. Sure thing! Well Good luck! Post pictures, ill be around GROWING! @@

16. Thanks man for the help and good luck with your grow to

17. Pot size will be a problem in a few weeks. Just keep that in mind...bigger is better.