Will this even work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Michael J Fox, Dec 19, 2012.

1. germed seeds in paper towel, planted in cottonballs, watered

Attached Files:

2. I dont know, why cottonballs?

3. Just an idea I had when I was blazed that I thought might work.

4. Will probably just harbor mold. Get them in soil asap

5. From what I've read.so far after starting this days ago, nobody has said anything about rotting, but I can't find anyone saying they've done this all the way to flowering. If no one else has done this I'll follow through with it and see how it goes.

Other than that, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

6. Sounds to me like your gonna have some moldy cotton balls balls by the end of it. Probably a lot more of a hassle than soil even if it did work.

7. please dont try to grow in cotton. even if its possible (which I doubt), it would still be an unknown hydroponic medium, not something you should try for the first grow.
    so many people have grown weed and shared their experiences, you can be pretty sure that all the basic techniques that work are easiyl found online, so go with them at least for a few grows.
    I believe you have mistaken rock wool for cotton... or some plastic wool stuff, but cotton is unlikely to do well.

8. Holy shit lol that's a new one

9. lol never heard of that one either

10. im pretty sure dirt from outside would be better >.< its not expensive to buy jiffy pellet (.30 cents) or some potting soil!

11. ^^^ This. It never hurts to try new ideas though. I'm sure the dude that came up with aeroponics was probably looked at funny in the beginning.

12. In that case, I'll keep working on them and also start some in soil. I'll let everyone know how to cotton medium turns out.

13. Man I have faith in your grow. I wish you all kinds of luck and everything else that's good. Definitely subscribed

14. Thanks man. I'll post pics as this goes down

15. Hows it coming along so far?

16. No sprouts.. Smells like chicken soup. There's a few things I want to do differently next time I try this, but a trip to California just popped up, so I'm leaving for LA tomorrow. When I get back I'm going to try this again.

Edit :: Okay, idk why that attached six times. Sorry.

Attached Files:

17. Sorry to hear that bro. I was praying for u. Have fun in LA and don't forget to smoke the dank out there.

18. The Fucking Planet is made out of soil...Cotton balls cost more than walking outside and getting a cup of dirt.....One of the problems with stoners growing weed = they start think they're rocket scientist when really they're just inventing problems for themselves. Pretend your really really dumb and try to follow instructions instead.........

19. The cotton balls were free, considering I nabbed them from my doc's office. I'm not going to use some shitty ass dirt from my yard when potting soil is cheap as hell. This whole cottonball thing was just an experiment, all I've wasted is time and I got plenty of that.