Will this do the trick?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by pollojunk, Feb 9, 2011.

1. hello people, awesome site. I just read the stickied thread about reflective surfaces.

Polystyrene Foam Sheeting (more commonly known as Styrofoam): It is approximately 75-85% light reflective so it is comparable to using a flat white paint.

I just bought a car windshield sun reflector. Its shinny and it reflects. Its components are:

[​IMG]

Polyethylene 44%
    polypropilene 20%
    Polyesther 34 %

Its foamy inside and the shinny stuff faces one side. The other is dull.

I know its not gonna be the best solution, but is it worth for something. Im guessing being able to reflect 20 % is better than 0 %.

Also its not only bout being able to reflect, but also not to difract on the bounce right??? That is to say, maybe what is being reflected is no longer in the lengthwave used by plants...

Has anyone effectively tested that kind of refelctive surface? In your opinion how much % can i expect to reflect.

Thanx in advance for input.

2. It will work but not well, you would be much better off using just flat white walls which are actually quite reflective. If you have access to a grow store or even a hardware store like Lowes they carry "panda film" which is white plastic with a black back that is pretty durable. It's cheap, easy to hang, and doesn't require you to visit a grow specialty store. They carry two thicknesses 1mm or 2mm I generally use the 2mm because I hand it with staples and the staples pull through the 1mm film.

3. thanx a bunch mate. i did some tests and i could actually see light bouncing back and lighting a not that bright spot. I kept it and i installed it and it does seem brighter. Thx, ill get some white paint also. Ill look for the panda film.
    Peace