Will they survive?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frankffs, Feb 15, 2017.

1. I've been using a new soil less medium and until then I never watered until a 20% run off until today. i couldnt understand why they were having deficiencies. Turns out the Ph of the drainage water is at 5.5...
    I watered them until a 20%drainage and with the last 2L I gave them, I boosted their Ph up to 6.
    Will they make it?
    Ps : im at 25 days since I planted the seeds...
    Fml... I guess that with this type of soil less medium I need to put more Ph in the water.. Like 6.7-6.8...

Attached Files:

2. #2 Homesteader, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    I suggest you read this and tell us more about your grow. Possibly temps and pH of your water. Do you have a water softner? Closer pictures would help. From here it looks cold and wet.
    Understanding pH

3. My temp is at 80f
    My ph of my water is 6.2
    The drainage was at 5.5.
    So I raised the PH with 6.8 to a stable ph of 6.0...
    Will they survive?

4. How often are you watering? What is you RH? night temps? Sorry just doesn't seem to be a huge pH issue by the looks. Really can't see much from the pics though.

5. They're autoflowers on a 24/0 cycle.
    RH is at about 30%
    I water on average every 4-5 days.

6. So you think they'll make it?

7. Yes, they will survive. Just to answer the direct question. Better question, are they worth wasting material on. They appear to be in flower cycle yet early stages and showing a great deal of stress. I'd say no personally. And cut my losses and start over. Those plants are very small in large pots. So you might be drowning the roots because their is more soil their than the roots at that size can handle. But I'm sorry to tell you, this point in the flower stage, their is nothing you can do to increase yield or quality. As of now, you can just work with it till harvest. I would stop using autoflower plants. If you see stress on a auto flower, their is nothing you can do to fix it before it begins flower phase. Atleast on a regular plant you can keep in veg to allow stress relief. Then once healthy you can put into flower phase. But the pots. Here's a huge factor. Roots grow out naturally, transplanting to bigger pots gradually can ensure that rootbound issues don't occur. Starting in a large pot is fine if you intend to grow outdoors, or move to bigger pot later on. But a large pot can be filled with roots long before a plant goes into flower stages. Thus by mid flower, inducing root bound issues causing stunted growth. Gl.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. What are you feeding them?

9. Flora nova grow formula

Attached Files:

10. How about lights now?

11. 400w hps, 25" away from plants top

12. If you have some wood ash, you could work a little into the soil to try to raise the pH of the medium but before you do that, you should probably try to use distilled water for a a few weeks and see if she takes off. I don't autoflowers due to the lack of control but I wish you luck. It is all about progression and strive to make the next grow better by understanding more.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hey!! Came back home and checked em out!
    They look damn fine now!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Good man! Good luck to you.

15. thanks @Homesteader, your help and your time were very much appreciated, you know how much we do ''badtrip'' when our babies arent feeling too well :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. So I looked closely to the new growth and you do appear to have Burnt tips, so as glad as I am that your plants will survive, I still don't think nutes were the issue. Did you switch back to water, or add nutes during the time she was stressed.? Curious for future reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. nope, but the earth ran dry.
    then I added 2L with nutes then plain, then pH'ed water to stabilize