Will these work for flowering and Veggin?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by suasa, Jan 26, 2007.

1. I want to buy 3 of these
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/400-Watt-Halide-...6QQihZ004QQcategoryZ42225QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem supposed to be full spectrum, so i figure they will work for vegging and flowering. I am thinking 3 of these along with my 2 4 foot daylight fluorescents will be okay for 6 plants that i want to lst. This is my first grow and i am hoping that these will suffice. the bulbs are 13.5 inches long which is alot of light along with the 80 watts i already have thats over 1200 watts incandescent equivalent and 400 watts fluorescent. Also over 25000 lumens. What do you guys think will this make a good grow?? I am growing for me and my buds all pitchin in for lamps. Thanks. My grow room is approximately 5 feet long just over 2 feet deep and 2-3 feet tall. The whole area is lined in gloss white plastic. right now i have to have an incandescent running in cardboard box in teh grow area to keep the temps around 20degrees celcius. When summer rolls around iw ill put a fan in teh top corner of the box. Let me know what you guys think if these lights will work for 6 lst'd plants of bagseed. I am hoping for a 6 oz dry yield with some new soil and good bloom nutes such as foxfarm. I also want to get some superthrive if i can get ahold of some. Thanks again.

2. I've seen some negative things about these bulbs. The problem I see looking at the specs is that they are 5000K. That may work for vegging, I veg with 6500K bulbs which is on the blue end of the spectrum but for flowering you want to be using the red end of the spectrum which is around 3000K. There is no way that these are equal to a 400 Watt HPS

3. yea, like he said for vegging that will be fine. i'm vegging clones with a few 5000k cfl's, and the growth is good. but for flowering, you'll need a 2700k or 3000k and way more lumens then that will put out. it's impossible for a 100w cfl to equal 400w hid.

4. Yeah i know they are no where near a 400w hps light, thats why i wanna buy 3. I was just wondering if the full spectrum thing is true if they would work for flowering. I know that you need in teh 5-7000 range for vegging and 2500-3500 for flowering. i guess i will just stick to the cheaper 42 watts then if i need to buy the bulbs twice for the different color spectrum. Thanks guys.

5. buy a 400 watt HPS and get a conversion bulb... its better for your plants, and would prolly be the same price if nto a tad cheaper.