Will the stock market crash one day?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AdultBaby1, Jan 12, 2022.

1. With the way things are sky rocketing right now what is the end result?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Of course it will. Who knows when. Could be in two years, 50 years, or when humanity ends in the next few hundred years.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. The stock market has no end result. It goes up and it goes down but it always goes on. If course it'll crash one day but so far it's always come back even higher than before. If it crashes to worthless the stock market will be the least of your worries.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nothing's skyrocketing right now...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 Mvndanke, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    It’s controlled by people who manipulate it in the first place so no. It’s not like the sun, it has no death. It’s made up shit.

Edit- wow this was dramatic lol :coffee:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. to answer the thread title there's very little chance it would completely crash to total worthlessness. many companies might go bankrupt but it would be all lower end stuff over vsluated. the "too big to fail companies" will always get the baiilout because the stock market is the country's value as that's where good and services are traded. there are also automated trading halts when there is too fast of a dip on a trading day.

The "stock market" is a private entity owned by a corporation that is also traded publicly. not saying "never" but a full blown crash would require a total global economic meltdown that was completely out of the control of private interests to manipulate such as a massive solar flare, an asteroid, huge earthquakes destroying massive infrastructure esp electric grids.

That said one can lose all of most of their money like many did, including myself, when 2008 came and went. what a phrikking rip off that was.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I like to think of the stock market as being a game of musical chairs for adults.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ask Pelosi.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. #9 garrison68, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    If you do not know what you're doing and/or don't have a lot of money, never invest money that you cannot afford to be without for a while. Putting money in an S&P 500, or similar, fund will not make you instantly rich, but over time it will earn a decent amount, compared to most other investments for the average person. The stock market is the only business where most people sell when the market is low, and buy when prices are high. Those who know what they are doing, do the opposite. But, you can invest in a low-risk fund, anytime, and benefit if you just leave it alone. I do not know much more than that, I rely on people I trust for any information that is beyond my knowledge.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. If it crashes, it's good for some people, like my family.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. What happens to the housing market when the stocks let go?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Don't worry Nancy & company will keep an eye on it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. #13 DaPhats, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    Of course it will crash one day. It's inevitable. It's part of the natural business cycle. When and how big are the real unknowns.

• Like Like x 1
  14. watch it today.... down, down, down.

15. You must not have seen the prices at stores yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. It all depends on what you mean by "crash"........like stated above, it has crashed a few times before, but comes back stronger. Will it crash again.....you betcha......but more than likely it will come back even stronger.....if it literally crashes to nothing....we are all screwed.

Like someone else above mentioned.....put your money in like an ETF or an "I" series bond...and let it grow.

I SUGGEST NOT trying to "time" the market.....no one ever wins that game OVERALL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I agree, with stocks, and the top people in the industry know this, your time IN the market is the way to profit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Store prices? Have you heard of inflation. I'm not sure why that surprises kids.

• Agree Agree x 1

19. The Dow has risen 9000 points in the past 12 months, 17,000 points the past 5 years. i dont think "the dow" will crash anytime soon. 2008 was THE year for a stock market crash but "too big to fail" came and saved the banks and select corporations. also let none of us forget that Steven Mnuchin who cerimoniously gifted $500 BILLION to Blackrock in ~March 2020 ostensibly to "stabalize the markets".

Blackrock has been toying with the market since that day. talk about a rip off! FIVE HUNDRED BILLION US TAXPAYERS DOLLARS!!! and Blackrock keeps ALL the profits.

• Like Like x 1
  20. That sounds a little over the top. Is there anything I can read that claims Blackrock was given 500 billion dollars, outright and not for instance as a loan to be paid back with interest? I've never heard of this.

• Like Like x 1