will smell be an issue with 2-3 flowering plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by purplesmoker, Feb 8, 2008.

1. i live in an apartment complex, and cigarette smoke seeps through my bathroom and i can smell it in the morning(in the bathroom). I will be planting my seeds in the closet which is directly on the other side of the bathroom, and the closet never smells like cigs from the person above or below me. I've never grown before, and never been around a flowering cannabis plant, so will it be an issue?

thanks.

2. To put it simply, yes. Smell is going to be a problem. Cannabis is stinky, and cig smoke can be deathly to plants.

Get some odor absorbing gel, it is the cheapest. I picked up mine at petco.

3. the plants will not get cig smoke, cig smoke does not enter my closet. i dont know if i was clear enough, but what i was implying was, will people in other apartments be able to smell my herb. thanks.

4. Yes, they should be able to smell it.

5. When does the smell start?, I have 3 plants that have been flowering for 3 weeks and I can't smell anything.

6. thats because your whole place smells like weed... lol

7. of course you cant smell it

your around it all the time:D

8. Generally speaking smell starts once they are in flowering.... till then they are much like any other plant.

keylime

9. it really depends on your ventilation. an inline extraction fan and carbon filter will eradicate pretty much all smells until the last 2-3 weeks of flowering, and then i find a glade plug in air freshner by the front door and the odd insence stick shoud mask most of it. It all depends on how you want to grow.

10. carbon filter with 70 %ctc , ona bucket, ozone generator.