Will she die? Or is there hope?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by thestash27, Jul 3, 2016.

1. I apologize as I'm sure this has been asked before. I've done a few hours of searching and have found no info relating to my situation. Basically I'm 5 weeks into flowering and just came back after being away for days, to find 95% of my leaves severely yellow. Even the little bud leaves are yellowing. At this point, it's looking like the plant is going to have no leaves left and the buds are still tiny. I'm using RO water and a good nute 4-11-13 ratio. But the PPM hasn't moved all week and stays on 1600ppm. I'm using 1000W HPS, temps are 24C-28C and RH around 36%. I flush once every week or 2. Is she still going to produce buds if all the leaves die? And why isn't she drinking nutes??? I feel like I've wasted months and hundreds of dollars and hour and hours for nothing!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Oh in the pictures the leaves look green! In person they're as yellow as autumn!

It's og kush bud the buds are tiny!

3. This is normal. It's the plants way of telling you buds are almost ready to be harvested. Use plain ro water the rest of the way. Get a scope and see what those resend glands look like

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Lol she's only 5 weeks in and the buds aren't even developed.. I know the leaves are supposed to turn yellow. I don't even have any proper buds on her yet.. look at the pics?

5. That's not telling you she's ready she's no where near ready. I would just give her a light feed coz there looks like a bit of nute burn and hope for the best should be fine Ull be surprised what these plants can go through

Stay high

• Like Like x 2
  6. For sure she's no where near ready. The picture makes the leaves look green, but they're all yellow and dying. There's a major nute deficiency and she's not sucking up any nutes at all. I'm using RO water and 4-11-13 nutes but the PPM hasn't gone down at all. She stated to smell really nice but after I came back, there's hardly any smell at all. There's no nute burn at all, only severe nitrogen deficiency. Again, the plant is yellow in its entirety, the picture makes it look green. It's hydroponic grow as well.

7. Are you growing soil or hydro? Sorry jus seen I dnt no to much about hydro

Stay high

8. Post it in the sick plants and problems thread there's a lot more people that no a lot more then me in there they will diagnose your problem in no time

Stay high

• Like Like x 1
  9. R

Stay high [/QUOTE]

Stay high

10. Lol dude this is the sick plants and problems thread! Also I just discovered that my timer is broken! Who knows how many days it been broken for! What a night mare! I've spent so much time and money and it looks like it's all gone to waste!! My guess is that my timer has been broken for 2-3 days at least! Damn! Is there any hope she is going to recover? Unbelievable...

11. Anything that has turned yellow will not go back to green, and at this stage I'm not sure if you can expect any new growth. To me from the pics I would say its nute burn due to the brown patches, and nute burn can lead to a nute deficiency. The newer leaves (near the top) look to be curling also which I believe is N overload.

I'm not too familiar with hydro but if this was in soil I would recommend you to flush and check ph.

I would say to just keep going and harvest whatever you can.

12. Hey bro, normally I would agree with it being nute burn, but as I mentioned, it's 100% nitrogen deficiency. With nute burn, the leaf stays green and the tips die. But for me, the tips start yellow, the rest of the leaf turns yellow, then the leaf dies from tips inward. I've grown in soil and seen nute burn. It ain't good lol. As you said, at this stage it's to late for anything really and the last option is to keep growing and see what happens. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'll post in the hydro section if I see any improvement. Thanks for the input fellas :)

13. Hey guys so my plant died. ROOT ROT! Wasted 4 months of electricity and time. I would go with a bubble bucket or something with a tank that's easier to maintain. Realized the 100L tank was not good maintenance wise. Very difficult to clean. The plant roots had turned brown, mushy and gooey. They tore like soggy paper. Not sure if I'll be growing again. If I did, I would go soil or bubble bucket. Peace.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  14. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Live and learn bro.
    But NEVER give up...

dilligaf

15. Your nutes were super low on nitrogen too. Get some Hydrogaurd if you do hydro again. I just bought some and my roots went from Brown to white in 2 days and they thickened up a lot

Sent from my LGL22C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Don't worry bro, I haven't given up! But after 4-5 months of effort, I think I was a bit in over my head for a first time hydro grow. Looking at the mistakes I made, I would do a few things differently - use a bubble bucket or something that is easy to keep clean and doesn't require half a bottle of nutes per water change (100L tank uses a lot of nutes). I would also check that the timer operates correctly every week. I wouldn't use the Gas Lantern Routine again(probably would suit more experienced growers). There's heaps more, but they're probably the main things I would do different. In the mean time, I'm going to take a break from it all. I haven't smoked for at least three months now due to being drug tested and now I'm looking for another job so can't really smoke in case I need to do a medical. Beforehand I had smoked everyday for 2 years straight. Lol shamefully, I have been drinking quite a bit due to tremendous stress in my life and I absolutely hate alcohol :(. I'd rather a cone any day. But hey, that's life and I hope all you peeps out there have a good one and blaze one for me. Peace :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Good for you man. Hopefully other people can learn from your mistakes also.

Good luck!

dilligaf