Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will old trim work well to make canabutter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by OC Joe, Mar 8, 2020.

1. I put some trim from a small grow in a couple paper bags several months ago. It was only supposed to be there for a day or two but I completely forgot about it and took a break from growing. I'm now starting a new crop and ran into those paper bags with super dry weed. They are obviously not air tight and are about 6 months old. Is there any point in attempting to make some canabutter with this old trim? Will the potency be OK or lost and gone forever? And is it worth the effort to use it to make canabutter and, if so, is there any point in first decarboxilating it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Most def. But next time just toss in the freezer, it keeps very well

3. Cannabis drops about 15% of it's strength per year so 6 month old trim isn't off by much.
    Always decarb for edibles-drinkables. 240 F for 40 minutes.
    Coconut oil hits twice as fast as butter does.

5 grams Kief, Hash, Powdered bud.
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

[​IMG] 160 micron dry ice kief.

[​IMG] Same recipe works for any form of cannabis

[​IMG] Oil and Lecithin.
    Lecithin acts to double the bang per mg

[​IMG]
    I make this every few months as I harvest again.
    [​IMG] 40,000 capsules consumed and still making and taking them.

BNW

• Like Like x 1