Will Obama Get Impeached?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by colorado4, May 19, 2013.

1. I haven't been following the Benghazi situation closely or any political matter for a couple months but what do you guys think, will he get impeached?  From what I've heard I think he'll get impeached but i don't think the senate will kick him out of office.

Also Clinton has a lot on the line i believe.  What are your thoughts on her in this situation?

2. lol obama is the 1%'s bitch, he ain't going nowhere 

3. This is the first time I've seen it come into question. Really, it's not at all plausible until mainstream media starts talking about it considering the mass amount of public support it requires and even then there still has to be a relatively good reason for it.

4. Impeached for what? It's not like you can just impeach a president because you don't like him. You have to have proof that he broke the law.

Should be impeached for illegal wars, bombing countries, drones, torture, etc. Same for George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, etc.

*Flashback* Classic Ron Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzbEWYi_CI8

6. Yeah, but we're talking about the US where the majority don't actually think those things are illegal and they're the ones who typically determine impeaching.

His second term just started. Typically that phrase would be appropriate towards the end of his term.

Yep. 

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. -Voltaire

9. Like Pochahantus daddy?

10. chief .. like smoke ..

11. #15 Old School Smoker, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013

Disrespect: Flow no good

12. he has already proved himself that he broke the law, when he sworn to defend the constitution...look at all these laws he has signed in that goes against what he was sworn in to protect

as far as him getting impeached, i don't think it will happen...but if i did, we would all get stuck with biden, which isn't really better

13. What good would that do? Leave us with Joe "shotgun" Biden?

There's a good reason these people pick someone worse than they are to be their successor.

14. As I recall, impeaching just means bringing formal charges. Removing a prez from office is another matter. Clinton was impeached but not removed.

Even if the prez raped a 6 year old boy, politicians would not move to impeach unless they felt the public was behind them and they had a reasonable chance of success. It's all politics.

Correct. Impeachment simply means that charges have been brought against him. He still has to be convicted, which Clinton was not.