Will my light work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gamer007, May 2, 2017.

1. So i have a phillips led light, bright enough that it looks like an ufo in the room, will it work jk. Its meant for food processing plants, labratories, industrial use,

2. You will have to plug it in and tell us.

3. yeah itll work. i hope its something you had laying around and didnt buy it for growing though lol

4. I hope he did. Just so he has to spend more money because nobody bothers to read now-a-days.

People, DE HPS setups are dirt cheap now. There is no reason to buy anything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. No it was given to me brand new. Know somebody who works for philips lighting.

6. ah alright.

7. It will kick ass by the looks. You may want to add some red to supplement it or a bar of COBs at 3000k. just my two cents.

8. I can only have it on during the day cause its so bright and i need sunglasses. Trying to be low budget as much as possible and im a first timer. Trying to think of a closed concept but got no ideas

Attached Files:

9. Come flower it'll have to be closed anyway... and you need to run that light at least 16 hours a day during veg imo which I'm assuming you aren't as you only run it when the suns out. All stuff you will have to take care of minds well sooner than later. Maybe look into a grow tent on amazon?

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

10. You'll want that light 12" from canopy. It's not powerful enough to do much at that height and much of it is wasted. Maybe you can plan a trip to the depot or Lowe's and get a closet going

11. Because not everyone wants HID? lol I sure don't want to be bothered with HID right now and I'm just growing for myself... once I get my second mars 300 for my next run I'll never run out of you personal supply of weed which is my goal.

12. Ill raise them later tonight. As for closet concept i was going to the hardware store gets some board panels on the weekend. Build a nice frame. Only put the side piece up cause the light is so darn heavy figured i would mount it once and thats it. Just its an industrial light in a residental area right beside a window gotta cover it soon before it draws attention. And can increase to 16 hours instead of 12 just may not he a consist 16 cause of work and what not

13. you wanna get the light as close as heat will allow put ya hand just above canopy lower the light till ya hand feels the heat if your hands comfyy after a min your plants will be fine also remove the glass it actully blocks the light a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app