will my energy supplier get Suspicious?????

Discussion in 'General' started by jayjay5396, Jun 16, 2011.

1. hi all im just wondering weather my electric supplier will get Suspicious

am running one 400w HPS basically ive lived here for 7 years its the first time ive used a light like this so obviously my electrical usage will have went up alot more

i am paying for my electric nothing is fiddled so am not stealing power at all its actually eating my electric costing me a fortune, its just theres a guy comes to my house a few times a year to take readings from my meter he was here a few months ago when i didn't have a light he will be back again shortly,

am just panicking that him or the energy office will notice a change in my usage and get the police involved

2. They're not going to involve the police. They wan't more business and you spending more is a plus for them.

3. My understanding is that if you pay them they dont care how high the bill is

4. so i should be ok then??

5. yeah thats what that would mean.

6. 1 400w uses no more energy than 4 100w light correct? if thats true then thats a very small amount of energy were talking about. like the equivilant of raising your thermostat by a couple degrees right?

7. Yea, just don't make it blatant that you're growing Marijuana. Act legit when he comes. If he has any question, just tell him you've been leaving computers on for a homemade company or something. He probably won't ask anyway.

8. thanks i wont be saying anything about my light thats for sure my set up is top secret only the guys on this website will ever know that am doing this

9. Like said earlier

They won't care. Heat is a different issue cause of those thermal helicopters they have now

10. with the heat issue any where upstairs in my house is 25-30c normal temp, my grow room temp is 30c so theres not much of a difference in the temp up here

11. #11 boatdock, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Are you venting the heat from the hps anywhere?

12. i dont have vents going outside no, if thats what you mean but even without the light or growing weed at this time of year my house is warm anyways still 30c so the light does not make a difference and i dont have it in the attic so its not under thin roof tiles

13. its winter time am worried about, at the end of the year my house is freezing so am really gonna struggle then

1 room been hotter than the others rooms wont look good on that FLIR cam

14. A 400w is not going to raise your electric bill by that much at all.

I think It cost me 20 bucks a month when I had mine running 18 hours a day (30 bucks max)

15. I think you are good, bro. Its not like you are doing a 2000 plant grow, i guess that amount of energy would raise some kind of suspission, but you are good!

16. i only have 10 plants am out of room now so i cant do more than that the law sucks man wish i could do this openly without worries its abit pressure but am managing only just

17. what else is eating my electric???? before i got the light the electric wasnt that bad as it is now unless the electric costs alot more now than it did just before i got my light am sure its costing double the amount at least

am using about £40 a month thats for everything i use god knows what the light on its own uses a month

does anyone have a ruff idea what 400w costs to run per day???? ive got mine on 12 hours a day

18. You will be fine , as long as you pay your bill on time every month if you do that then they wont care

19. Just keep paying your bills and they won't say a word mate - all money for them at the end of the day :smoke:

20. na. in fact your bill wont even go up that much, atleast significantly. my bill use to be about $50 but since i started growing its like $70 so. you should be good.