Will my babies make it?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by HolyGrail420, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Ayo guys...so im very worried for my freshly planted seeds. I took very good precautions before planting except for late night weather. Heres my journey so far: I germinated my seeds via paper towels for about 3 days until they had tails ranging from 1/5inch to about an inch. I then decided to put them in the ground naturally as im going for an organic growth. I pointed them roots down and all. The soil where I planted them is undoubtably nice and has plenty of worms (though I neglected to dig holes and losen the dirt for them, I just made small holes :/...), they're also located roughly 20-40 feet from a stream. My concern is that being anxious for the season I planted my seeds a little early, neglecting to see how cold itd get at nights, and only looked at the day temps...days range from 60-80 at the moment but nights drop to a dangerous 35-45. :/...i didnt buy the seeds so im not sure how durable they are or how many are female, but I planted 25 in anticipation half of them wouldnt make it in better conditions due to male plants, animals, storms, etc...anyone help please? Its been 50 hours since I planted them and ive seen no sprouts pop up....:(

2. Well, I can't speak to much of your situation, having never grown outdoors at all, but I do know that seeds put straight into the dirt can take up to a week to pop up. 50 hours is nothing. If possible, you might try spreading a ground cover over them at night until the temps are closer to 50 on a regular basis.

3. On the forecast it seems 30's are not gonna be happening more than maybe once, and it only drops so low for about 2-3hours. But thats not too bad an idea, just trying not to go to and from them too often as I dont wanna leave trails and get caught at random. Lmao

4. There is however a nice grassy overlay type deal goin on, like id have to rip a small circle out to dig in the dirt. Im also concerned about rain at this point because it looks like some mild storms could happen soon, and its been showering every couple hours for a like an hour each time today

5. I was thinking something more like dried leaves, mulch of some sort...something that would naturally occur at the location. Seeds, until they pop up and sprout leaves, don't need light, just water and soil. The seed pod itself contains all the nutrients they need to get started and they will find their way to the top and to the light to open their leaves.

Also, the cooler temps will slow down germination, possibly for up to a couple of weeks. Don't be too dismayed if you don't see any sprouts at all for awhile. Many indoor growers even go so far as to put heating mats under their germinating seeds. I've germinated in a back room in the wintertime with inadequate heat and the little seeds took a very long time to pop up.

6. Well theres definitely an abundance of dried leaves too, mossy close by also....but I waa worryying that the rainfall/mixed with cold would cause them to rot or perish. Id hate to see 25 seeds just be worthless