Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will Mangos Intensify Our High?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by WeekendSmoker, Jul 25, 2014.

1. My friend and I saw on the internet that mangos will make our high last longer and increase euphoria. We made a mango smoothie with 2 ripe mangos and are waiting for it to digest before we smoke 2 nice L's. Has anyone tried this before? I'll definitely let you guys know how it went after we smoke

2. ive tried it with great results, but it seems hit or miss with blades on the city. i usually just eat them approximately 45 mins-1 hour before toking, and notice a heavier, more sedative effect. i usually get overripe mangos, seem to work better for me.

3. So what you're saying is if I go now and buy a mango smoothie then smoke I'll get baked?!?!! Wtf lol I never knew mangos are my favorite fruit:)

4. From what I've heard, you want it to be an over-ripe mango

Its the terpene Myrcene thats doing it. Terpenes have a synergistic relationship with cannabinoids, they both work together. I forgot who said it but its a good way of thinking about it, "Think of THC as the engine, and terpenes as the steering wheel."

What mostly changes the effects of one strain to another is it's terpene profile ;)

5. Yeah I've had good results with eating mango. Just eat about 3/4 to a whole one and it should really help. You can smoke less too

6. one time me and a buddy before seshing bought some mango juice and smoked fat. it was crazy.

7. Wtf lol never heard of this.

I heard of oranges or orange juice but i think thats BS... anyone?

8. never heard of oranges having that effect, i know for a fact mangoes and strong brewed lemongrass tea work for me.

9. #9 LuxSpiritus, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    No. the only one i know of is grapefruit with certain unmentionables cause it inhibits CYP3A4 which is a metabolism protein. Mango's do not do anything. They taste damn good though.

IT's just placebo, or you just don't know what weed feels like. aKeep smoking those banana peels,, and oranges and toothpaste.

10. I've tried it a couple of times with differing results. If you ask me, I'd say there is a difference, but it's not a significant one. Then again, if it works for you, great!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Refer to what I said and do some research on terpenes..

12. I'm going completely off hear-say with this one, but I've heard that anything containing Vitamin C enhances one's high. My friend told me that he used to drink orange juice before smoking and it would always get him baked. Seeing as mangos also have a decent amount of vitamin C, I'd imagine the effect would be the same here.

I'd also like to point out, the effect might be increased by eating over-ripened ORGANIC mangos/orange juice.... I've heard that the genetically modified organisms (GMO's) on our store shelves these days are much lower in essential nutrients than heirloom varietys due to being irradiated before being sold.

Here again, nothing concrete, but this is what I've heard.

13. I've tried it, munched down on a mango with an empty stomach, smoked around 45 minutes later. I felt the high come on a bit faster and more intense to begin with but also I felt like I came down a bit quicker as well. Definitely worth trying, worst thing that will happen is you eat something healthy.

14. its actually not placebo. Look it up man, and they are very delicous.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #15 LuxSpiritus, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    Inhibitors of CYP3A4

The following fresh fruit juices have much less activity (ie no more than 40% blockage) and are therefore effectively inactive
    • Valencia orange (Citrus sinensis)
    • Mango (Mangifera indica)
    I has no properties that will intensify anything, Even if it did it's an oral enzyme in the gastrointestinal system that lowers that inhibits the metabolism of certain substance to the liver. Not only is thc not a substance that is processed by this enzyme, but it is too inefficient so cause any active changes.

Therefore it is Plecebo, sorry to mention it.

Can't even type.

16. TERPENES

can you read?

17. http://www.theweedblog.com/mangos-increase-the-effects-of-consuming-marijuana/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #18 LuxSpiritus, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    Myrcene has an analgesic effect and is likely to be responsible for the medicinal properties of lemon grass tea. It has antiinflammatory properties through Prostaglandin E2.<sup>[7]</sup> The analgesic action can be blocked by naloxone or yohimbine in mice which suggests mediation by "alpha 2-adrenoceptor stimulated release of endogenous opioids".<sup>[8]</sup>

<sup>I apologize. We didn't research the plant that much in any class of mine, it does make sence now since it is produced in cannabis, as well. I didn't know it would stimulate opioid release from the brain, I remember reading an article(It was from stanford btw)  that the brain can produce a pain-killer 10,000 times more powerful than those in poppy. Never thought of that. Thanks for telling me that.</sup>
    <sup>Mango's may affect it, but i imagine only a slight effect that is intensified by cannabis. I've loved mangos my whole life, never really got a strong effect from them with or without cannabis.</sup>

19. I'm pretty sure this is for opiates.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Ya it is. I couldn't bear to drink it when I tried. It's vile.