will it work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Joe ya bro fosho, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Hi so right now im living with my parents at the moment so i cant and wont grow here. however i have found a gigantic empty lot where i could have a little grow station and no one would be able to be able to smell it nor see it unless from the sky. Now I think i can do this but the problem is i live in las vegas (which is in the desert) so im not sure if it would grow even if i put a different soil down. (by the way its usually around 60 F in the day right now). And also i could build a little thing the make it so the plants are only in the sun for however many hours a day. Thanks.

2. First, there is no such thing as a hidden grow site in an open field in a major metropolitan area.  Las Vegas? Come on.  If you found it, hundreds more will also find it between now and harvest.  And that's just people wandering through like you did.  You live in the city which is ALWAYS under development.  Any property without a building on it is property which is waiting to have a building built on it.  Developers wander cities looking at and for little lots like what you are describing, especially in LV.  Beyond that, you are running too cool to really get any growth at this point.  Photosynthesis slows down considerably below 65 and stops almost completely at 55.  Your RH today was 26%, you would need to be up in the 40s at a minimum, 50-60 is ideal.  Such low RH would stress the plants to ridiculous levels.

I think your situation is what we call S.O.L., at least as far as this plan goes.

3. Is the lot fenced off? In my city there's open lots that can't be used because of toxic chemicals in the ground or some shit

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Well ill respond to both of you. First the lot is not fenced off nor are there signs saying anything not to go there. Second its an area where they like dump dirt that they get from quarrys AND in an area where basically all construction has stopped (im not sure if you know this but las vegas isnt just the strip. im not saying you dont but a lot of people think like that). its more just suburbs

5. Yes, I'm aware LV is more than The Strip.  Real estate in the whole LV metro area is valuable, because of the ever expanding Strip area, and yes, under constant development, even though its not the strip itself.  You may not see a building going up right now, but that is my point, often times developers purchase property and sit on it, waiting for the right opportunity to present itself, at which point a building can go up pretty fast. 
    You still have to deal with the environment though, and that is as big an issue as security.