Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will I pass my hair test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by blueton, May 25, 2010.

1. I smoked three times, twice in July and once at the beginning of September, so my last time smoking was almost 9 months ago. I have a hair drug test for employment tomorrow, and I have relatively long hair (I don't know if that matters or not). Will I pass my hair test?

2. are you serious?

3. If you smoked 9 months ago...im sure it wont show up...and im also sure im feeding a troll...

4. Actually you are not feeding a troll, I was being completely serious because I know little about it and was freaking out earlier. It is my first job interview and I don't want to blow it over something stupid, especially since the pay is pretty damn good and it's a job I would love to have.

So even though you thought I was trolling, I just want you to know I wasn't and I thank you for answering my question truthfully.

Now I will sleep tonight haha. Cheers dude.

5. Yes, you will pass your test. You only have to worry if you smoked up to 3 months prior to your test.

6. Long hair retains the history a lot longer...better to get a good hair cut (a few inches off).

7. Shave your head. Everything you eat smoke drink will have a place in your hair. If your hair is long they can test it for anything. So just shave your head. If you have not had a hair cut sense your last smoking it wi show up. That is why they hair test all drugs will show up.

8. Maybe if he hasn't smoked for three months, but he said it was at least 9 months ago. Just get it cut short 6 or so inches just to make sure, but don't shave your head if you are getting tested in a week, it'll look suspicious.

9. #9 blueton, May 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
    I have gotten my hair cut several times since the last time I smoked, and my hair grows relatively fast. I read that they only take the newest 4cm of what they cut off your hair in order to stick to the 90 day standard. After all, it wouldn't make sense for them to test back to see if you have done drugs several years ago, I wouldn't think..

And if it helps any, the longest hair on my head is about 12cm (4.7 inches)