Will I lose weight?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Quagsire, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Okay so I'm 6'1" and 260 pounds, and I've been trying to lose weight. I walk 5 miles a day at a decent pace and swim for about an hour. If I do this and eat at a calorie deficit with plenty of water will I see results? What kind of results should I expect to see?

2. Yes. Eat at a calorie deficit and exercise. You will lose weight.

3. Is it that simple? I have a semi-healthy diet. Do I need to eat healthier as well?

4. After you think you can handle the walking and you reach a platue you need to start jogging, even if it is just for a little then a walk then a jog again and off and on like that until you can jog for a good amount of time.

I would really say to start walking about 4 miles for 2 weeks or so maybe like 3.5. After that start walk/jogging it, then start jogging it. This will take time but you will see results.

When you start getting good with jogging you can move onto weight lifting while still doing running. It kinda depends on what you want. If you want to gain a lot of muscle you need to cut back on running once you start lifting because it will burn muscle off with the fat.

And most importantly you need a really good diet. Start counting calories and fat intake. Eat LEAN meat and wheat bread. Maybe some brown rice and almonds to snack on. Also steamed veggies are good for you (obviously) and they don't taste half bad.

Check these guys out they're really good with this kinds stuff

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG3zpKvZ8hA]TMW - Bodybuilding Meal Example & Pop Tart Response - YouTube[/ame]

5. LOL^

Hodge twins crack me the fuck up.

6. It is that simple. However, eating 'healthier' will allow you to be more satisfied because your foods won''t be as calorie dense.

I'd limit the carbs too.

7. physical activity that gets your heart rate up and eat healthy!

8. I knew man who lost life changing amounts of weigtht by eating clean 45 min of fast pace walking and skipping... keep away from sugars eat 3 meals a day and you will hit your goals good luck..