Will i have enough room?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Boosquaw, Jan 8, 2010.

1. DSC00101.jpg Six plants the largest about 2 1/2ft. kinda crammed into a 3x3 square ft. area. 2nd day of 12/12. started at 18/6 went to 24/0 now i wanna flower, only used organic mg 8-0-0 gonna get sum oganic nutes for the bud size but low cash(any suggestions?), ordering off net. started about 4 months ago but alot of stress from transporting and transplanting.250w hps w/400w balast the light goes on and off alot. i put two flouros under and another 120w grow light on top. how much bigger will they get? Idk any o the strains besides two so called affy. [​IMG]

2. #2 BAGZ, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
    If you don't know the strain we can't really tell you how much bigger they might get. Some strains stretch more then others, They might double or triple in size. Also by "250w hps w/ 400w ballast" do you mean your using a 250 watt bulb in a 400 watt ballast?

3. Most strains seem to double in size during flowering, I have a skunk#1 mother that gets nearly 3x the height. And yeah, IF you are running a 250 in a 400 ballast that is a horrible idea. Might be a fire hazard, not sure. I do know that you will trash those bulbs much quicker and even fuck up your ballast, get to the home depot and steal a 400 watt bulb if you cant scrape up the 30 bones.

I do NOT condone theft, unless it is from walmart but I don't know if they carry HPS bulbs.

4. the out put looks like 400ws but idk why it would turn on and off if it was 400 i have six plants growing pretty good with it. great i didnt know i could get bulbs at home depot. i was gonna get one on line but thatll be alot easier. I started flowering two days ago and i can see rapid ne growth already. i have the light about 1ft from the nearest top. I guess ill just go with some kind of ff bloom nutes i've heard so much about. maybe my second grow will go alot smoother. thanx for the advice. Ill post a pic of the bulb.

Attached Files:

5. That looks like a 250.

6. yeh i would say 250w my 400w hps lamps are alot bigger

7. LOWES sells a 400watt HPS replacement bulb for $25. Or at least they do in my small town.