Will I Get Dence Buds Off A Cfl Bulb?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by #watercharges, Sep 19, 2014.

1. I have one 200w 2700k cfl with a reflector hood is it possible to get dence buds or will I invest in better lighting? Open to all comments fire away:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 bict, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    ;

3. But wore they dence? I just want experience any how but I'd love dence buds:)

4. Cfl makes fluffy buds. Hps makes them dense from what I've heard

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Thanks Grade A what do I need for a 600watt hps setup?

6. Flush your money down the toilet if you want.

Youre repeating an experiment with proven results.

Simply put. No. I used 350w of cfls, grew some dank, airy plants. Ounces to pounds switching to double the watt hps.

Youre using the same electricity with 1/10th the results.

But its your funeral :smoke:

-poke

7. #7 snoopdog6502, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  8. 600watt hps? Ill need to make a list and save up for the equipment can you give me a quick list of stuff I'd need please?:)

9. Btw I'm Irish I might not be able to buy the same but ill have an idea :)

10. Ballast
    Hood (preferably vented unless you dont mind smell)
    Bulb
    Hangers
    White paint or mylar
    Timer
    Surge protectors
    ****checked and upgraded fuse box!!!!***

Extras if you dont have room:
    Tent
    Fans
    Booster fans
    Charcoal filter
    Vent ducting
    Duct tape

Then of course medium hydr vs soil, etc.

11. Get sun system 2 6 inch hood 70 bucks 1000bulbs.com 2 6 inch inline fans + 1 8 inch exhaust + scrubber + ducting 300 bucks good quality not made in China low budget electronic ballast 150 bucks 10,000 btu a/c unit 300 bucks misc fans electrical supplies 300 bucks media 100 bucks nutrients 200 bucks 1500 bucks and u have a good quality system... That's a good start

12. I'm a cfl man, I'll never go back to HID, but that is one hell of a price. I know nothing about the company or their quality. Someone also posted a similar add for a 400 watt for about $100.

I had a big room with 1000 watt switchables. Now I have a closet with one plant, one 200 watt cfl. I like what I have now more than what I had before.

but that's it, one 200 watt cfl is good for just one plant. Better than hid IMO. If you need more weed, you will need more light. If you smoke like I do and have no friends, you can grow more than enough for one man.

I own several 1,000w but like floros for my young plants in veg, floros do a great job. If you trained you plants an I assume you do then do real well with a 200w CFL for a single person.

I grow medical and have several people I help and have to pull closer to a pound a harvest.

Nothing wrong with scaling the grow to the need.

Someday when I dont need so much I may downgrade my lights to LED. LOL  <yes a jab at LED LOL

14. #14 Physcotic1, Sep 19, 2014
    All I have is 23watt cfls they work pretty good with hardly any heat to worry with(b)

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

15. Does anybody know how those little 60watt gro lamps work are they good for anything?

16. #16 lotek590, Sep 19, 2014
    yeah, I looked at led for quite a while, but the price was so high, and there was so much difference of opinion on quality (of the lights). I know a grower who has multiple small rooms and all he uses is 250 watt mh (no hps) for two plants. He's a master grower and only grows for quality. He tried one of those high priced leds and said it was about the same as a 250 watt mh.

17. I get dunce buds from cfl. I get dense buds from the sun.

18. Micheal Douglas in the heezy y'all what what lol just kidding .

I did a real big search of all the growing forums for the impressive LED grow and have yet to be impressed. Some are very nice but are not very big plants with not very big buds. The big plants with big buds were in rooms with a ridiculous price tag on the lights.

LED is on the same level as floros but at 10 times the price.

20. what I liked about my flouro was it was cheap and just plug and play. But that was before they offered these cheap lights on ebay. If there is no problem with the quality of the light or the shipper, that is one hell of a deal, especially including an extra bulb, your choice mh or hps.

but still, I doubt I will ever go back to hid. But if I was starting out all again, that ebay offer would be very tempting