Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will I get checked for drugs at a physical exam

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sammy the stoned, Oct 8, 2014.

1. So I'm a teenage girl and I smoke once in a while. This isn't for a sport or anything like that. I'm going with a parents friend to get my health checked out to make sure there's nothing physically wrong with me. After that I'm going get my mental health checked too. Pretty much an exam for everything that might be wrong with me. Anyways, will they test me for drugs? I don't want anyone to know I smoke

2. No they do not test for drugs, even if they did they could not tell your parents due to patient/doctor privacy. The only way they could tell your parents is if you let them.

3. #4 Xane1213, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    They shouldn't but be warned the whole doctor patient confidentiality thing only applies if you're are 18 if you're under they can tell your parents. FYI you have to be 18 to use the forums.

Not saying your under just putting it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #5 †TheGrow†, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
    If you are under 18 they still can not tell your parents without your permission. To many kids would be scared to go in for STD testing or even Plan B buildings. But laws very by state. I know in California the doctors had to ask my permission to let my mom know stuff during a physical when I was younger

5. #6 -13 Amp-, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    Most likely not but you will be asked in both tests if you smoke, drink or use drugs...depending on how you answer the questions will dictate how everything else goes...

Esp for the mental health tests because they will need to know everything you've done to give you the most accurate results...

6. #7 sammy the stoned, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
    So would it be fine if I lied?

7. Yeah but it'll taint the results because you witheld info, but if its just weed it won't matter anyway so lie away

8. i just had to get a physical yesterday actually, all's it was was doctor asking a million questions then he said alright he's the hard questions "are you sexually active" "do you regularly smoke cigarettes/drink" "Do you regularly do drugs" "have you ever experimented with drugs" of course i said no and he replyed with a bit of laughter saying "Are you sure never even once" 
    Then he made me lay down felt up my stomach area then quickly in my penis area following up by having to get a meningitis  shot

9. Yes.

They are also going to do a colonoscopy.

10. That's mean LOLOLOLOL

11. Back when I was in high school I had to get a physical and at the time I was a minor so my mom had them drug test me... Luckily I hadn't smoked for a while at the time!