Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will I get at least 1 1/2 ounces from this plant?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rootsphere_Farms, Jul 22, 2013.

1. #1 Rootsphere_Farms, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    First grow, really only hoping for at least 1 ounce a plant.

If this plant was to be vegged for 4 weeks @ this growth rate, what would be a ball park estimate of dry yield if this plant keeps up its growth? If grow conditions were average. Plants are in Ocean forest w/ grow big nutes

The plant is a Cannadential pure 50/50 hybrid

This plant has been in veg for 11 days after rooting.

Day 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 11
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. An oz per plant is a very achievable feat. However estimating yield from a plant in veg is boarder line impossible.

I also highly recommend first time growers have 0 expectations, aside from the learning experience, for their first grow or two.

With all of that out of the way I'll now ask, what is your lighting and ventilation like?

3. Also, why is there so much of a lip in there? Fill that pot with dirt

4. Why are the new leaves cut? Leave them alone!! They need photosyntehisis and chloryphil to grow!!!

5. The dirt has receded down a lot from watering, i'll fill it back up :)
    Lighting is a 600w MH, ventilation is just a fan, avg temps 78 degrees avg humidity 45%

6. What new leaves! I can see 2 different spots which have cuts in them, do you mean the very top? Or the leaves below in the last picture

7. Guessing your final dry weight is something most of us won't do but given the specs you've provided, as long as nothing goes terribly wrong, you should be able to get the results you are hoping for.

So much of growing is the small things, and things can go bad very quickly for what will appear to be no reason until you have enough experience under your belt. 2 years into the hobby and I still very much so consider myself a total noob. Spend a few weeks reading the cultivation sub forums here while you let her (hopefully a her) veg.

8. yes the very top.

9. He means the newest, top most growth. Looks more like bug damage or just funky looking new growth due to maybe PH being off to me though. Not clean enough of cuts to have been cut with scissors.

Also... You will lose damn near 80% of your weight between chopping down and it being dried enough to start curing. Dry and cure is critically important to finished product, research it a lot before it is too late

"Something most of us won't do" I don't understand this are you saying my yield will be low because I don't have a proper setup or what Idk haha. Thanks for the reply, for sure will read up on everything I should know.

11. I have! & the top is just a result from a fim new growth erupted quickly same with the leaves that were cut back began to grow again. As you can see on the set below the very top, the leaves have cuts on the very end of them, that is a result from what you see on the very top right now, which has grown out

12. I cut them. Lol.

13. Doesn't look like you topped them proporly. I could be wrong, after all its just a pic.

I fimmed it. As you can see the set of leaves beneath it have cuts on the ends of them, that is what you are seeing @ the very top now, that's what it grows into

15. But I don't see two stalks growing. Just 1.

16. Two are for sure growing sadly you can only see 1 in these pics lol

17. I'd imagine you will get an ounce. But you can't tell till later in flowering.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. No, guessing is just next to impossible.

19. #19 TheAnswer121, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    with a 600w mh, I seriously hope you get an ounce. I just pulled 1/2 lb off 2 plants under a 400w mh/hps

Damn how long did you veg lol, I think I will veg my plants for 6 instead of 4 weeks