WIll i die?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mrautodank, Jan 16, 2019.

1. If i dont use my ventilation to cool my hps/mhs lights in my growtent . its in a cold basement so maybe i even need the extra heat from it but i dont want it to break or die in a fire

2. Blow a fan on the light to make better use of its heat inside the tent.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What size tent? What Wattage of MH/HPS?
    Is it an enclosed or Bat-Wing type reflector?

Pics would help.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 ZEROBS, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    If cost of running exhaust is what ur worried about turn exhaust speed down. Not having it cool the light will shorten the life of the bulb. Fire.. most likely not but why chance it.. the bright side Ull prob be asleep and sleep thru ur death

• Like Like x 2
  5. Install a fire alarm in your house and start blazing outside man. You should have one in there anyways honestly. heard a lot of time the smoke from fires will put you in an even deeper sleep and you wont even wake up until you feel the blazing heat under your ass. Be safe!

• Like Like x 1
  6. You'll need a lot of airflow if you're using anything more than 400w of MH or HPS. Even a 150w can heat up a whole room if the air is stagnant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah I don’t care how cold your room is without cooling your light it’s going to get over a hundred degrees if not higher. I have a 4” fan and still hit 90 degrees sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bad news. To much heat and electrical never add up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. As others have stated. You still need to circulate the air. But it shouldn’t explode from the heat. It’s not as if the engineers who designed it didn’t realize that it would get hot. These things get sealed up in street lamps so...

Sent from my DeLorean using a Flux Capacitor.

• Like Like x 2
  10. cant go wrong with a 6inch 440cfm
    air cooled hood

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Damn it I thought this was going to be one of those post that I just smoke this shit that had more diseases then Dennis Rodman

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. What did you just try to say?

• Like Like x 1
  13. By the title of the thread I was expecting something different

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Unlikely unless you do not have a smoke alarm and are a heavy sleeper. Under those conditions I'd say chances are good. Now if you add hydroponics with some sketchy wiring and construction, potential electrocution comes into play and you'll have a ripe-for-the-killing hazard situation there.

• Like Like x 2
  15. You need ventilation regardless of what light you are using and with HPS - It's a must!!! If I ran my 400w HPS with no exhaust etc... It would end in tears.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Agreed, I run 3x 600w hps side by side with no cooling tubes but I have a wicked air circulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  17. End result but i wish i had bought bigger pots. gonna order that soon.

Attached Files: