Will I be off probation?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Shundam13, Nov 10, 2018.

1. hey you guys soooo, over the summer i was charged with possession of a controlled substance (marijuana).. oh yea it was only a .5!! Anywho, i went to court (in September) and was charged (first time offender) and put on a 6 month probation. Luckily, i was only required to do random drug test and pay my fine which Started like October 16th. Well, I jus paid my fine off and i go back to see my PO November 16th(this coming up Friday).

My question is ... do you guys think he will let me off of probation/release me early? That was the only requirement besides the random drug test( been two months since I’ve smoked so ik I’m clean and can pass).. which he hasn’t even drug tested me yet but other than that I’ve met all requirements.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sometimes if you've served over half of your probation, they allow early termination. It depends on the officer, the judge and his decision. The decision isnt the officers. Its the judges. It would have to go from him, to the judge which usually wont happen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They hit me with informal probation for my last 6 months. Basically unsupervised but still need to follow the rules. I didn't smoke the whole time but didn't need to worry as I wasnt tested. Just a paper in the mail and it was over. This was in 96 so who knows how it works now...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Don't smoke. It's not worth it.

I got charged with the same. .5g's.

I ended up going to jail but at least after that I didn't have to do any drug tests. Just 10hrs community and a 3 hr class and a 4 hr class and I was done.

I'd take the short jail time over a year of probation any day.

BUT. Until you get official discharge/drop papers from the state attorney or some other official, just don't risk it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ''i was charged with possession of a controlled substance (marijuana).. oh yea it was only a .5!! Anywho, i went to court'' I feel sorry for ya guys that were born in that retarded country. U.S. has 25% of the prisoners in the world but it only holds 5% of the world's population. In the U.S. putting people in jail is a BUSINESS. And everybody wants in.

• Like Like x 1