Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will i be able to sleep?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by orangegrovekush, Sep 6, 2012.

1. So after smoking everyday for 4 months i noticed alot of negative effects and i also wasnt getting high anymore but kept smoking cause i didn't wanna go through the withdrawals but then i said fuck it and just quit. i had bad withdrawals for 2 weeks then they wherent as bad my goal was to quit forever if i never felt normal but if i did end up feeling normal i would smoke again but only on weekends so i've been sober for 3 months now and i want to smoke tommorow then skip saturday and smoke on sunday so my question is will i be able to sleep on saturday? or will i get addicted straight away again and feel as if i need weed to sleep? ive been sleeping really good for the past 2 months so i dont wanna fuck it up.

2. Weed isn't physically addictive any addiction is in your mind.

3. all that clouded feelings in your head is gonna come back :( your memory would be alot worse haha but you'll be too happy to care

4. #4 orangegrovekush, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    dude did i say it is? i was psychologically addicted to it. if my memory gets bad again im quiting forever but i doubt it will if im only smoking on weekends. before it took 3 months of everyday smoking for it to affect my memory

5. [quote name='"orangegrovekush"']

dude did i say it is? i was psychologically addicted to it. if my memory gets bad again im quiting forever but i doubt it will if im only smoking on weekends. before it took 3 months of everyday smoking for it to affect my memory[/quote]

You just answered you own question.

But if you're looking for a second opinion, no, I believe you will be able to smoke if your will power > than your desire to smoke. Make it a reward for having accomplished a lot in a day and you should not have problems again especially with 1 week t breaks in between

6. If you worry this much you should just stop.

7. Seeing as this thread got moved I'll re say my post. It's only hard to sleep sober when you're used to sleeping high. At the moment you're used to sleeping sober so you will be fine. It would take at the very least 5 days of smoking to switch it around again.

Edit: I also only smoke on the weekends now too and I find it easy to sleep when I'm not smoking.

8. dude that wasnt my question my question was if ill be able to sleep anyway im pretty sure it wont affect me much especially after taking a t break for 3 months ill just smoke and see for myself

9. Is this a troll thread?
    I think it is, but if not...
    This is cannabis we're talking about right?
    Not crack? Why wouldn't you be able to sleep?
    You talk about cannabis as if it's some hard drug that make's you have withdrawals and shit.

10. Whatever dude i know lots of other stoners who say they get withdrawals you probably only smoke every month

11. #11 Minge With Odor, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    lol, I work at a dispensary in my spare time and teach newbie hydroponic classes.
    You skip school to smoke weed, I bet I'm old enough to be your father.
    Your right, I do smoke weed every month.
    Lmao.

12. what makes you think im in school? ive finished school so stfu btw i was only guessing that you smoke weed every month well atleast not on a regular basis and what does you working at a dispensary have to do with anything?

13. You are sober 3 months( completely detoxed), one night of smoking will not prevent you from getting to sleep the next day. Not at all. It takes a habituation and a habituation requires repetitively performing an activity to the point your body becomes adapted to it in order to function properly.

14. A lot of people use weed as a sleeping aid like I used to, so when you try to sleep without it it can be hard, your mind doesn't stop being active you're not relaxed and your body senses that it should be high to sleep. It's not that weed is a hard drug or anything, people who use sleeping pills every day are likely to experience a similar thing when they try to sleep without their pills.

15. lol, you are not educating me bro.
    I just dont understand this thread.
    3 months sober, smokes again, worries about not being able to sleep...
    I think this thread is odd that is all.
    Everyone is different, I've been smoking half of my life and never had any with drawals, never had any trouble sleeping when not smoking, etc.
    But if he is 3 months sober I imagine he will be able to sleep pretty well after he smokes.

16. Yeah fair point, I guess he's just being cautious must have had a real bad time trying to get to sleep when he stopped smoking and wants reassurance before he tries it again which is fair enough I suppose. But yeah he will definitely be able to sleep fine.

Yeah I don't get any withdrawals or anything these days either, but I remember my first few T breaks back in the day were really hard and I used to get overwhelmed with anxiety especially when trying to sleep so I guess I kinda feel the O.P

17. Will u ever be able to ask a smart question, obviously you are not mature enough to smoke

18. minge whats ur fucking problem? your arguing with me cause im worrying if ill be able to sleep? also what does you being old enough to be my father have to do with anything you tryna say you've been smoking longer than me and had no withdrawals?/ well good for u be happy that u dont get em and stfu everyones different and weed affects everyone differently.

19. Yeah man exactly plus sleep is a big deal for me if minge knew how important sleep is for ur body he would understand why im worrying. i know 1 sleepless night isnt gonna affect u that bad but ive had lots and lots of sleepless nights and cant afford another one anyway man u understand me perfectly +rep

20. I smoked everyday for about a year & just decided to quit because I'm new to the area and was a hassle finding green. Had 0 effects... its all your mind man . You made it a habbet that's it, its not addictive .