Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will i be able to get a colorado medical card???!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BlackMetal420, Apr 11, 2010.

1. ok so heres the low down. I'm transferring colleges to fort collins come this fall from st.cloud minnesota and i want to know if i will be able to obtain a colorado medical card when i get down there for school. i have chronic pain and problems with my left knee/leg due to an injury last summer and also some nausea/eating issues that i have had as long as i can remember. the thing i am more worried about in getting this is the fact that im only going to college there and haven't lived there since i was maybe 2. will this be a problem? or will the fact that i am going to school there and living in an apartment make me eligible for some medicinal marijuana? i just want to know ahead of time, thanks for any and all help in advance :D

2. You have to be a citizen of the state that has the Medical laws in place

so no:wave:

3. ^This is true, but you can prove residency by sending in a bill from your Colorado address and your out of state ID, so yeah, you can get a med license if you want.

Let me be the first to say welcome back to FtC :smokin:
    You're gonna love the nuggets, even if you don't end up getting your med license

Edit:
    If you're in a dorm, then I don't believe you can get one since you won't have bills.. otherwise you're legit

4. thanks for the help man :) and yeah i will most likely be living in an apartment, i dont think i can stand another year of living in a dorm... so how exactly would i send this in and to who? i have a minnesota drivers license so thats my state ID, then once i get down there i just have to obtain like a rent receipt or something? sorry for all the questions, i just want to get this figured out so i dont have to keep living a large portion of my life under the radar if ya know what im sayin :smoking:

5. Pretty sure you have to live here for a year before you can claim residency. Don't quote me on that though. Good luck man

6. idk if you are a resident or if you have to be a resident.

but to become a resident you have to register your car (if you have one?) in colorado, get a colorado driverse license, and pay colorado bills.

can you establish residency while classified as a "student"? cuz would they have to give you in-state tuition?

7. #7 Caribbeanbreeze, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010