Will election help or hurt legalization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by rockjently, Aug 17, 2016.

1. The presidential election is just getting into mid August, but some people say it's already over. Do you think having Trump against Clinton on the ballot will help or hurt legalization? In my state there is a full legalization initiative on the ballot, and it's supposed to be a tight race whether it will pass. What do you think?

Will the presidential race help or hurt?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't think it will make a difference.
    This election is all about the less of two evils as it has been for a while unfortunately.

Until the American people stand up and say they've had enough of the corruption from the DEA, FDA, Congress, list goes on and on then MONEY & CONTROL will be what rules not common sense.

Common sense doesn't grow in many people's garden anymore.
    All they are growing is this insatiable desire for more $$$$$$$ and POWER/CONTROL.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Agreed. Shillary is wishy washy, Trump has a very conservative running mate. Obama doesn't look like he will do anything about it before leaving office. Unless the Independent party wins by some miracle

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wait, independent party? You guys actually have a choice that isn't Clinton or Trump and they're not favourite?
    Who's the 3rd guy, Hitler?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gary Johnson is running and he is a strong believer of marijuana legalization.

6. Well damn, it's time to ignore the party policies my American friends and focus on who you're putting in charge. Policies won't mean much if Trump accidentally irradiates most of the USA trying to nuke a border crossing and Clinton will probably just delete the polices and disavow ever hearing of them :p

7. And he will NOT be elected

8. Legalization should totally be left up to the individual states...along with just about everything else, in my humble opinion. That's how it was originally set up to be and operated well until government became a way to get rich off the backs of the people and a way to set up a nice lifetime income. Honestly, there are so many real problems going on in America right now that the legalization of MJ isn't anywhere near the top of my list of concerns. My concerns lie with the fact that if Hillary Clinton is elected as POTUS, you can begin to kiss your basic constitutional rights goodbye as the federal government continues to systematically do as with the Obama administration. In addition, you can look for taxes to rise to an incredible and ridiculously high rate, the price of everything to rise and the national debt continue to be ignored as well as wages stagnant and our jobs sold off to the highest bidder with the most power.

The Clintons are a lawless and ruthless bunch of street thugs who have amassed over 250 million dollars into a fund in the name of "charity" that can't be monitored/observed by watchdog groups like "Charity Watch" because it has been deemed not a charity, not set up or run as a charity by those who monitor charities....the money coming from very wealthy and influential donors around the globe looking for favors from the State Department or Bill's connections and many many millions coming from Islamic based nations with lawless leaders and obvious ties to terror....never a dollar too dirty for the Clintons.

Trump is not a politician. He was not my first, second or third choice originally. But honestly, you can't throw up that "he's not qualified" argument because the administration we've had for 8 years obviously isn't qualified either. We need a leader who can convey strength and has the good sense to appoint the right people and then be willing to listen to those people and make policies and decisions that will benefit THIS country for a change. This idiot administration just gave IRAN, for God's sake, 1.3 Billion dollars without seeking congressional approval or bothering to inform the people who gave them the damn money. We won't even get into the fact that Iran's greatest goal is to blow us off the very face of the map and we give them the money to make damn sure that happens....THANK YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA.

I predict that you need as few as 3 functional brain cells to see the obvious here. We have no choice if Clinton is in the field, but to very willingly vote for the other candidate and thank God Almighty that there was an option B....if you enjoy free speech, owning a weapon, having a job, having an opinion and all the other freedoms we enjoy in this nation, then I suggest you choose that option B. One more liberal justice on the supreme court, and the government is in control folks. They can name their poison. She will have met that objective from back in college to be president...and then she and bill will back-door-deal this nation to death at YOUR expense. It's our money they play with. Of course, if you don't work and live off the government, I guess you would be kind of concerned about maybe having to prove your actual disability or maybe go back to work at a real job like most normal people do, but you can't fuss too bad about people riding a system after the government has taken our jobs and either moved them out of the country or regulated the ones that remained to death. If you have any sort of American values period then you really need to stop thinking about weed for a minute and devote 1 hour of your life to looking at and researching the very heavily documented past of Bill and Hillary Clinton. Her mentor in college was Saul Alinsky who wasn't a really great or fun guy, who wrote a book and dedicated it to "Lucifer." That's the kind of people she has modeled herself and her life after. Someone who will charge the secret service thousands of dollars each month (taxpayer money here) to "rent" her garage at her home in New York while there to protect both she and Bill, is NOT someone that I can trust to work in my best interest. If some fiscal changes aren't made, this nation will be upside down in around 5 years. That is, we will owe more than we are worth....collectively as a country, in less than 5 years. No. Hillary isn't an option and that is becoming ever more apparent as the days go by.

Trump on pot: Honestly, I don't know. I do know he heavily advocates for State's rights and since the government is totally beyond broke, a businessman like him could most definitely see the profits in it. But we don't want or need the federal government in it at all. They will regulate it to death and tax it to death and ruin a good thing....like they have for decades. I can't remember the last time anything was done out of congress or the oval office that was beneficial to me and my family. For 8 years, it's represented everything I stand against and it's been pretty embarrassing to see what has been allowed and even encouraged it to happen. We've got to get back to American values and principles or just throw up our hands and quit...which is not an option. Anybody took a look at Venezuela within the last week or so. You'll never see it on the main stream news outlets, but those people are starving to death down there in that great social experiment and have taken to the interstates by the hundreds of thousands trying to draw some attention to their situation and get some help from somewhere...and continue to be totally ignored. They're a fine example of what we very easily could look like after 8 years of Hillary Clinton. Don't believe me, go have a look. The only people I can think of who would have a legitimate reason to vote Clinton would be the deaf, dumb and blind and the mentally retarded because they just can't get the message. But if you're able to understand who she is and what she has done and then hear what she plans to do and you think that is good for this country, then God help us all. TWW

• Like Like x 3
  9. Trump has spent the last few months licking the boots of religious fanatics. Some of those religious fanatics are in Colorado and hate cannabis. They hate it a lot. (focus on the family, anyone?). Recently he went fully towards the religious right by saying he wants to get rid of the Johnson Amendment.I would not expect him to keep the inaction that we have seen by the DEA towards legal cannabis.

Right now trump is keeping his opinions on pot quiet to try and win Colorado, which is a swing state this election.

10. #10 Techno mechanical fox, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    yeah, I am sure that all the people voting for Clinton are mentally retarded.

I would also point out that Hillary is less reliable than people think because of her support for the drug war under Clinton. That includes the three strikes policy and all the other shit they have done against cannabis smokers.

11. not trying to defending clinton but do you think her support of the three strikes rule was because it was popular at the time and she went along with it?

12. Clinton is owned by her wall street puppet masters. Big pharma is part of wall street. Trump should see the money to be made by states and the feds by taxing weed. But who knows.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I don't think the presidential election will have much of an impact. If we're talking long term I have more faith in Trump taking measures to decriminalization. Hillary will bow to her donors and they'll want to keep cannabis schedule I.

There are a lot of states voting on medical and recreational cannabis this year. Good news is that polling is in our favor. Western America is definitely going green this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I am not supporting or denouncing either candidate. The three strikes rule was popular at the time, but she supported it. It is just a reason not to trust Clinton that involves cannabis.

• Like Like x 2
  15. i think you can trust that she will say whatever is convenient at the time
    ink you can

16. #17 wayward hippie, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    I don't like either of them, but historically it's the conservatives against any cannabis legalization measures. Even today something like 60% of Democrats are in favor of legalization and something like 30% of Republicans are. The president has little pull IMO when compared to congress anyway, which is conservative dominated. I think they go up for election in 2018 and need to be gotten out. Both of the candidates are essentially owned by big oil (and many other) corporations who are in favor of keeping cannabis illegal because of it's industrial and medicinal implications that could effect their profits while potentially taking a lot of strain off of the environments and ecosystems that actually enable our existence and that we're destroying for this endless pursuit of profit.

We can't stay the course and continue to infinitely grow the economy. Everything about the current system is unsustainable for the future existence of our species and many others. I've only heard any round about mention of these things from Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein. To me, that's the most important factor in any of this. Again, I can't stand either, but if I had to choose it would be Clinton simply because she'll be easier to work with in changing what needs to be changed. The conservatives, and many of the Democrats, just want infinite competition and economic growth that is solely based on finite resource use/waste and that simply isn't possible on a finite planet. Trump wants to remove many restrictions about how these corporations can pillage the planet for profit. I don't see any of the other runners having a chance at all in reality. The majority of the population doesn't even know they exist.

This is all considering our votes actually mean anything anyway, which I have very serious doubts about. Regardless, I don't support either candidate and don't advocate either of their bullshit. I live in the deep south where Trump has the majority vote already and where the possession of 1-99 plants is a felony that can get you a maximum of 5 years in prison. Where the possession of 100 or more gets you a mandatory minimum of 25 years.

• Like Like x 1
  17. .... a felony for a plant... For a PLANT.
    FOR A FUCKING PLANT! -_- What is happening in the world?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Clinton wont change anything that's not in goldman sachs best interest and unless they tell her to do it. Trump will do whatever makes a buck for the treasury. But I do agree the president has no power in this situation but he could have influence if he comes out in favor of it. Trump isn't a conservative on many social issues. That is one reason he has appeal to crossover voters. Face it, in this country it comes down to money and if you have the money then you get to do the altruistic things. If you don't have money you can have all the warm fuzzy best intentions but you don't get jack done.

19. Clinton will use Medical Marijuana as a way to strip folks of their 2A. Chelsea already tipped their hands on this.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app