Will cannabis plant grow faster upside down?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by BloodyGanja, Feb 15, 2017.

1. And all lights placed on the floor?

2. no

• Like Like x 3
  3. NGCMBL...

• Like Like x 4
  4. We have a winner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. upside-down-tomato-plant-327x600.jpg
    That's a tomato plant.

6. phototropism is stronger than gravity, so it doesn't really matter if you grow a plant normal ways, as the plants will to grow towards the light source, phototropism, is stronger than the pull of gravity..
    tldr? just grow it normal..

• Like Like x 1
  7. You serious arn't you? Dayum..........

• Like Like x 2
  8. It doesn't mean it can't be done, just that it provides no benefit. And that's an orange bucket growing out of an upside down tomato plant, any idiot can see that.

• Like Like x 5
  9. I'm saying indoors though. With lights on the floor. So gravity helps pulling down nutrients and what not.

10. Start a journal and try it out...I'll follow it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  11. I had a friend last year telling me a story of seeing these guys who somehow grow upside down with the roots in some kind of bag aeroponic with lights on the floor. No matter how hard I searched I couldn't find it.

Vertical more than triples your available growing square foot compared to just the floor.

Vertical hydroponic is the most efficient way to grow in a given space. The light goes in the middle of the room with no reflector and the plants surround it. There's many different designs. There's expensive kits out there.
    Vertical Hydroponic Systems
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    48 plants fit in this 5x5 with two 400 watt hps. This is one of the more simple kits.

• Like Like x 7
  12. To be fair, I don't know if there would be any benefit but if you've never grown tomatoes you should understand that they grow much different than cannabis. Many tomato varieties are vines and would otherwise spread out and take over garden space. Also tomato fruit on the ground causes problems. All of this points to why some people are interested in stuff like the upside down grow. I've never seen any serious tomato growers use that though. It doesn't increase the speed at which they grow, it conceivably improves on some of the problems when growing tomato plants.

• Like Like x 4
  13. That's not how osmosis nor plant nutrition work.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dude, that's sexy, I would put two 600s in that. I too believe in the vert garden, but I don't have the space or setup for it just yet. It makes so much sense. Espalier, friends, espalier!

• Like Like x 2

15. That's interesting stuff. Lemme read about it.

16. I'd be worried about runoff pouring on my lights... But I'm pretty invested in my lights.. if you got cheap ones you're willing to fry with water give it a shot

• Like Like x 1
  17. It won't work. The plants do have a phototropic response that'll make them grow towards the light, but the plants response to gravity and the need to 'right' itself is stronger. Your most likely to get a plant that tries but gets stressed out and produces alot of hermies. All that said, it'd still be a cool experiment to try. I'm kinda curious to see how the actual bud grows on the stem. Do they grow upright, on their side, or completely upside down? How's the density? That type of stuff.

You can always go to Walmart and get one of those 'topsy-Turvy' upside down tomato growers and throw a couple seeds in it. I'll warn you though, tomatoes don't do very well in them.

18. Op is in dr. Strange world he needs to be able to manipulate the plants to his needs

• Like Like x 1