Will cannabis actually be legalized in the uk?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Chronic91, May 17, 2011.

1. Will cannabis finally be decrimalized in the uk?

2. Simply put, no. Never

3. What do most people in the UK think about weed? Is it more liberal than the US?

4. #4 Chronic91, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    We do get some quality strains in the uk, but starting from 2006 a lot of suppliers started coating the bud in glass, sand and silica.
    You have to know your weed before you can you have a decent bud in the uk.

5. I honestly think we will be one of the last countries in the world to even use weed medicinally, let alone legalise it. I really don't see it happening in my lifetime, which should sadden me, but I'm looking to move abroad in the next 5 years anyhow.

6. There is nothing liberal about the UK Government's stance on drugs in general. Police try and arrest you now even for small posession where possible, Factories are getting shut down on a daily basis and just like Chronic91 said the sprayed stuff is still about everywhere.

As we all know Proffessor Knut, ex member of the ACMD was fired for having a different stance on Drugs and even said taking ecstacy involves less risk than riding a horse! As this didn't fit the Governments Political views he was given the boot.

No chance of Medical Use, let alone decriminalisation :(

7. its an interesting question and this is my perspective. So long as we have no strong political movement pushing for this, then no.
    however, juries do show a great unwillingness to convict MS patients when caught with drugs etc.
    here, we are a lot less open about use than in america, and there are many more misconceptions in the public in general. the only way that it will realistically be legalised is if, as an unit, we push towards it, one person on their own can't change anything.
    this isn't happening in any form at the moment, so we must conclude that it won't be legalized or decriminalized, despite our prime minister and deputy prime minister have both been on record saying that they support decriminalization. after the lib dems die out, so die out our hope of legalization.
    bleak. but true.