will cal-mag fix this?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by LWD, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Hi GC,

I spotted this problem on a leaf 2 weeks ago. I thought it was from my fan constantly blowing on it. I picked up some cal-mag. I'm not sure what this leaf problem is? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. We need all the info on your grow including: What type of medium; soil or hydro? What brand and type of soil? Indoors or outdoors? What strain? How old are the plants? What type of lights and how many watts? How far from the lights? What is your watering frequency and source of water? What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? What are the temps and humidity in the room? What size pots? Any bugs? Look real close. Any other pertinent info? If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone. If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. it is a soil grow indoors, blue blood by medicann seeds. The plants are just new in flowering under 400watt hps. Light is about 15" inches from canopy. I water every 3-4 days in 30 gal pot using reverse osmosis water. I use fox farm grow big. Temps are 75-90 degrees. 50% humidity. No bugs.

4. Are the pots dry in 4 days? Also 90 degrees is pretty high, you may be cooking them.
    If you're using ro water you probably do need cal/mag. What's your ph going in and out?

5. Honestly haven't been watering every 4, more like 3. I'm not 100% the pot is all the way dry, but I put my fingers in the soil and its dry. Maybe the lower soil is not all the way, could be overwatering. Also worried about temp getting that high 90, I wouldn't know what heat stress looks like. Yes I bought some cal-mag and will apply next watering. pH is from 5-7. Thanks.

6. If you're in soil try to keep the ph between 6.3 - 6.8 and yeah cal/mag should help but really make sure you're not over watering. I know that's hard with 30 gal pots, maybe you could get a moisture meter?

7. Would adding more lime help raise my current pH? I think its overwatering to tell you the truth. Because the plant was fine up until. I have a moisture meter I've used only a few times until I relied on feel of the soil I think that is where I went wrong. ty again

8. Well it could still be cal/mag since it was fine but now the plant has used the nutrients that were in the soil and using ro water won't add any.

9. ok that is why I bought a bottle of cal/mag then. Will the effected leaves rebound to better health? I already trimmed of a few that were effected. I've been using Grow Big along with ro but every other water the plant gets just plain ro. ty

10. #10 }-MaDCoW-{, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
    No the leaves won't get better, just new growth should be good. Keep the same schedule with your nutes but instead of plain water give them cal/mag, 1 tbs per gal I think should be good but read the back.