Will bat guano make more resin in the buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by putinfanboy96, Jul 17, 2019.

1. I'm growing Hindi Kush auto fem plants and I want to increase the resin so I have a ton rosin.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If u have good soil,,good light(s) and good environment hindu kush or any strain will do u good on production,,alot of it varies so much from strain to strain too. But u can try to boost it a tad if u leave them in total darkness for 24hrs before chop "may" help!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. Resin production is mostly up to genetics and growing environment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yup and sometimes when the environmental stresses are greater, the better the medicine in the trichomes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Try using "Cha Ching" 9-50-10 to add to your nutes 2-3 weeks before flushing. Does wonders for me...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Is flushing really necessary?

7. not if you don't mind harsh smoke. Most stuff you get from the emerald tri is never flushed and it's in dispensaries. But yes... For the best smoke, I would suggest it. you don't want to be inhaling all the trace elements from your nutes. Just my opinion and preference though. There are people out there that love to pick and smoke and keep their outside plant alive year after year. They don't flush their weed. ever. lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1

8. Not an organic product. I wouldnt recommend using it nor would I recommend flushing when growing in soil. If you want to use such addatives IMO they are better suited for non-organic grows.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. So what do you suggest then to give me that is organic and will give me a ton of resin to turn into rosin?

10. Assuming you have good genetics and a balanced soil based on quality compost you can use malted barely either in a tea or sprinkled on top of the pot and watered in.
    1oz freshly ground malted barely per gallon of tea, let that sit 4 hours (no more) and water your plants. Apply every other week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. [​IMG]

I feel like SST's and MBP top dresses boost resin/oil production in plants too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1

12. there is no one thing grow-bro. it is the combination of the grower maximizing the parameters to be in the optimal zone for each of the six things required to grow a plant; temperature, light, water, media, nutrients, and fresh air (co2), followed by genetics. get those six things figured out, pick the right genetics, and the resin will be produced to maximum potential. there is no single magic bullet and if any one or more of the variables in the long list of variables within those six things is askew then we're working backwards from 100% perfect pretty quickly ime.

idk. my experience has taught me to focus on getting those six areas right and within tolerances as a whole system and then turn special attention to the nutrients, amendments, and most importantly the media. we need good, available, carbon (soil organic matter and other carbon sources) because it is the building block of all life from the bacteria in the ewc and compost to the carbon required for photosynthesis. one of our primary goals should be to maximize photosynthesis. if we can achieve near 100% efficiency (i wish) of the photosynthesis process our plants will be all they can be, but if the photosynthesis engine is not operating efficiently it really wont matter what genetics or special techniques or additives we apply. something will suffer physiologically within the plant. we gotta get the basics down pat - six things (categories/areas) and all the variables within those six areas. after that maybe you try other additives and tweaks. it's a whole system designed to work in harmony. there are no shortcuts without consequence and there are no shortcuts to success. it's a process.

that's my take on things. focus on the basics, get them right, and let her rip. things will routinely work out well for you. throw some special genetics in at the end of that journey and you have arrived - it's nirvana man! :smoking:

peace and bountiful harvests :apache:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4