will a perc make a big difference?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by draco44414, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Hey I have a 74 mm ( almost 3 feet ) giant series bong with a boost bowl that holds about 4 g's :) its pretty harsh so I was woundering how to cool it down..

2. An ashcatcher with a showerhead or some other kind of perc would help, adding a diffused downstem if you don't already have one would be an awesome upgrade also

3. yeah get an ash catcher and throw some ice in there and youll be good

4. ^^ Am I the only one who feels like ice just makes the hit dryer?

5. Do defuser beads work? And also its a straight tube so if I put ice in would it be too much weight for the downstem?

6. [quote name='"draco44414"']Do defuser beads work? And also its a straight tube so if I put ice in would it be too much weight for the downstem?[/quote]

If it doesn't have ice pinches, then I wouldn't bother. I personally don't use ice in any tube because of staining but like others have said: new downstem and/or ash catcher will provide the answer you're looking for...

7. from what i've seen in videos.. if you have even a 6 slit diffused stem.. the beads really don't break the smoke up.. it seems to force itself through the beads still as a giant smoke bubble... i'd say the diffuser beads are gimmicky unless spending no more than a couple bucks on some airsoft pellets which are basically the same thing as those k2 diffuser beads

8. XD that's what I was gonna try..think ill get a defused downstem sence I'm low on $ :(

9. If you can afford ~$50, I would look into an Alex K shower head, or leisure 6 arm. If you're looking for even cheaper than that, maybe just a generic diffused stem will work!