Will a black light work

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Grassmann1, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Just from reading some of the more informed sounding posts on this thread, it seems to me that lights ranging in the UVA-UVB spectrum may improve trichrome production.

However, from reading info. from other proven sources about growing any plants, light from the blue and red spectrums are required for photosynthesis.

So maybe instead of denying or backing claims of certain blacklights working or not. We should search for someone who has done an adequate experiment demonstrating the usefulness of UV light in the growing of MJ or in helping to produce trichromes.

Or wait until someone shows proof of its effectiveness on this forum.

2. Many grow guides i have read say even small amounts of light during the flowering dark phase may greatly slow down or even shortly stop the flowering process. my advice would be to use the blacklight during the day, and try to find someway to keep out the light at night.

3. During the dark period you don't want even a little flicker of light continiously, plz try to stop any light getting in asap as it WILL affect your work at some point but this is only my advice, happy harvesting.

4. hahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!

5. damn there sure are alot of ways to say no

6. You can use black lights..
    your pot will grow, just not good.
    try it out...you'll need:
    a small plant (6in.). use a clone if you can..
    a desk lamp with the black light.
    make a small box lined with milar.
    a timer
    put the light on for 24/7 until the plant grows a few inches.
    If the plant is still alive your doing ok so far.
    go right from 24/7 to 12/12..
    and if you really wanna find out if it works
    wait 8 weeks and youll get your answer.
    There wont be much bud to smoke, you might get a nice blunt.
    and it might not be to good, but try it, let me know how it works

7. only for flowering to help simulate moonlight other than that complete waste almost

8. #108 Osho, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    A black light will give you LOW frequency UV. The only benefit to your plant with a black light would be for lower large leaf foliage to help with minimal production. On a large scale, black lights will do nothing other than support the HID lights or Florescent. The black lights only benefit is its PHOSPHOR COATING which is sometimes used on MH lamps.
    [​IMG]
    You require a frequency of around 400 in addition to 700+. This light gives you everything but (black light). You see there's a small touch of red, from the phosphor coating, and light blue and green, which are totally UN - beneficial. I suggest you look into using the BL fixture and put some cool white bulbs or something of the sort. Bro, BL wont give you shit.

9. cheers buddy, been searchin for decent lights 4 ages was gonna grow (seeds on way) with a normal cheep blub, u saved my seeds

10. No worries. There are a lot of great websites available to purchase what you need. If you are a legitimate card holder or its legal, online is the way to go. If not, money orders work. Got to invest in a HPS light. If you cant afford lights, but you want good stuff, you have to have a HPS or a very intricate fluorescent setup (will cost you just as much money in the long run). Get a HPS 400watter for around 350.00 and you can germinate, veg, and produce. Its the "worth getting" suggestion. :cool:

11. incorrect... there is another benefit to a blacklight... it just looks good, lol.

12. Dick-butt.

EDIT: 300th Post. lol

13. i had read somewhere that uv light is beneficial for quality flowers. and if blacklights are uv wouldnt they be useful as an addition to an existing light system? anyone?

14. BLACK LIGHTS DO NOT WORK, scroll up and read the spectrum chart I posted stoner!:p

15. lol alright alright fine. why do you smash my dreams? :smoking::smoking:

16. hes asking a legitimate question. there is no reason to be a dick.

17. I own a Uv light and its nothing like a black light, For one its so powerful it has a grate protecting you from looking at it and theres stilll a warning on it that says Do Not look directly at the light

18. Ok too all you ppl who say Blacklites are retarded... Have Everyone of you already tried for yourself??? If not quit being so ignorant!!!:rolleyes: I Thought weed Need a Red and Blue Spectum of light for flowering... and from what I remeber from Kindergaren watercoloring When you mix red and blue you get purple:D. Last time I checked Black lites arent actualy black they are purple:cool:

19. they might im not sure the only light i used to grow with is red for day lights and green for night lights. so red would be lights on and green lights off.

20. I have been doing this shit since you were in diapers, black lights DO NOT WORK. We tried it in the 60's, and last year to have some laughs. BLACK LIGHTS DON'T WORK