will a 4ft T5 light fit in a 4ft grow tent?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by small grower, Apr 6, 2014.

1. I have a 48x24x60 tent. I was thinking of a 4ft x 8 bulb T5 light. I was wanting to know would the light fit in my tent before I buy it. The light is 47x17x3 or will it be too much of a tight fit?

2. Um, I'm pretty sure it'll fit by the measurements you posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. We can all "guess" that the light will fit based on the measurements you supplied, but the only way to know for sure is to buy it and put it in there. Not much I can answer for you, sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I'm using 4ft 4 light r5 in my 4x4 which fits

5. Just stumbled on the sun hut 2x4 original.  Actual dimensions are listed as 35x54, easy fit for the 4' T5 fixture.

Why is it  so hard for manufacturers and retailers to publish ACTUAL dimensions on things?

Dunno if I'll buy it from here, but this site had the actual numbers published:  http://hydrobuilder.com/sun-hut-2ft-x-4ft-the-original.html

They also have a nice note included on the page:

6. #6 Stoned_Stew_UK, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    Dont forget the power socket....
    I had a 3' t5 that 'should' have fit in my grow space, but the power lead plugged into the long end making it 1.5" too big.... In a tent not a prob but a cabinet it was!

Im handy so managed to cut a new mounting hole and move the socket to the top of the light unit... Still it was more work i could have done without!

7. Here's a 4' t5 in a 48" tent. If you can get your power cord to be on either side of the support bar, the material should give just enough for you to get it in there. It's going to be close though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1