Will a 150 watt hps work in a dresser grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 98jeepxj2nv, Jul 18, 2017.

1. I have done a few stealth grows now and moved to a dresser to keep it stealthy i have 10 cfls in the dresser now and I was wondering if I would be better off going to a 150 watt hps it has the balast attached to it also the dresser is 3.5ft tall and 2.5ft wide and I would say about 20" deep. I have a 7" computer fan for a exhaust and a passive intake and have 2 fans inside blowing on the plants. [​IMG]

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

2. I will be moving to 3gal bags also.

3. yes it will just watch the temps and don't burn them up. 150 watts really isn't enough to flower the 3 plants in the pic though GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

4. The plants are gorilla glue.

5. I've got an hps like that from home depot. Way too hot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ok ill try it out and see what the temp is. I had one then I got two more given to me I was thinking about putting 2 outside and growing one in the dresser. It didn't get two hot the last grow I did in a 2'x2' 4' high box and it almost didn't get it warm enough.

7. I just wanna get away from having alot of cfls in the dresser I hate moving them all the time. Would it better to stay with cfls or just go with the hps and be done with it.

8. Any advice would be awesome when we move ill be going to a tent but that will be about a year.

9. I will post pics in a couple hours of the dresser so you guys can see any help is appreciated.

10. I'd be concerned about temps building up inside the dresser with an HPS light inside it. If you could install a better exhaust you'd be ok but maybe not with just a PC fan.

Have you thought about an LED panel? You can get a 300w (150 watts actual) GalaxyHydro LED panel on Amazon for $69:00 these days. I think that's what I'd go with if I were you. Just ch close dimensions to make sure it'll fit.

J

11. How far would I have to keep the led away from my tops.

12. can u show a pic of the entire dresser? sounds like a 250w will do good for uou. whats the ambient room temp? day/ night with lights off

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

13. He's gonna need a whole lot more than a pc fan to vent a 250 HPS inside a dresser.

J

14. when the climates good maybe all he needs is a nice turbo fan.. anyhow i can grow on just below 30c with some strains if i can work the room for an hour a day

15. I think a 250 watt hps would be to hot would a led work with my setup. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. I would go with a led myself because allot less heat for the small space. I use a 600 hps in my basement in a 8 foot by 6.5 foot 7 foot high I bulid one walls still open and it gets very hot. The hps trow off crazy heat you would need actuall ductwork and good fans to get the air going enough to keep it cool. Just my opinion I'm a new grower my self.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok ill look into a led how far do you keep a 300w led away from the tops.

18. ive done a 250w hps grow in a similar closet but at winter, if u have a nic ac unit ur good to go led is too much of a trouble and cost right now imho. never tried it as well as a 300w led here is over 1000$

19. maybe u should consider as many cfl bulbs as u can above and between plants, that would give u no popcorn buds if u keep good defoliation and stretch the branches away from each other for good light penetration