Wild Polar Bear vs Dogs

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Perpetual Burn, Jul 3, 2009.

1. What happens when a wild Polar Bear gets confronted by some regular sled Dogs?

[​IMG]

Love is what happens!

[​IMG]

Wild Polar Bear vs Dogs

Beautiful stuff. :)

2. That dog is like dude, dont bite my head off. lol

3. I wish humans and all wild animals could exist peacefully like those two are doing right there. Would be neat to walk up to a polar bear and not have any worries.

4. But then every animal on earth would die :(

5. Yeah I thought about that as soon as I hit POST. Just too lazy to edit it haha.

Maybe humans and other animals only. Not necessarily predators and their prey. Since the things we kill for food, we most definitely overpower in fighting (guns, slaughterhouse, etc).

6. the bear's thinkin "dam this plant i ate is awesome, i guess i wont kill this dog"

7. Polar Bears need love, too.

And body heat is precious at that latitude.

8. he's right

9. Why don't polar bears cuddle with humans?

Are we evil or something?

10. Yes, some people eat polar bears.

11. Are you saying when I encounter a polar bear it will be like, "That's the same fucker that killed Greg!" and attack me?

I think it is instinctive. I wonder if it has to do with the individual, or if it is an evolved trait of many modern species to fear humans.

12. Sometimes the bears tell jokes on late night talk shows, and get all shot up...by you know who...

The Truth about Sarah Palin and Wildlife in Alaska

But as the man says, sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you...
    Palin to resign as Alaska governor - More politics- msnbc.com

13. well i see a polar bear

and some dogs

i must be in the right thread then eh

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob_oD1IsYbE&feature=PlayList&p=FFD00C81C525148E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24]YouTube - polar bear vs walrus[/ame]

:smoke:

15. Maybe it's got more to do with the specific encounter. As Stuart Brown was saying in Zylark's video (thanks for posting that, Zylark) both the Bear and Dogs sent out playful body language before immediately fighting. This ability to play seems to transcend all species allowing a wild Polar Bear who has possibly never seen Dogs like that to be open to a friendly relationship instead of an instinctively combative one.

Maybe if a Human came across this same Bear and sent out playful vibes, the Bear would also play with the person. I imagine that when the average person encounters a wild Bear they are in fear and give off negative body language that the Bear senses... which probably won't end up with an playful relations. I imagine Polar Bears in captivity are not always hostile or fearful of their keepers, so I doubt it's any type of instinct they are born with and cannot control.